Thot

Cachly?

Thot    57

I don't have a smartphone but my wife has an iPhone.  Against her wishes I plan to install a Geocaching app on it. Is Cachly the best one currently available?

Edited by Thot

KeyResults    604

Now that Geosphere is about to die certain death sans an update before ios11 in September, I would say Cachly is probably your best choice right now. Groundspeal’s own app continues to lack important features and functionality that most experienced cachers would want. Their default app is great for beginners and those non-premium folks that really just want to try it out. Cachly offers to be a complete replacement for a handheld GPSr in terms of functionality. I must admit that on a really current iPhone Cachly is really impressive once you get to know it.

A really close runner up that also impresses me at least is L4C Pro. They aren’t quite as slick at marketing, but they have the goods and each subsequent release makes it stronger and better.

That’s my take anyway.

Good luck,

Kenny

KeyResults    604

6s is current. Once they cease to appear in the Apple store they are no longer really current, though perfectly useable for quite some time, years, if they’re cared for properly.

cachestacker    735

I'm simply used to the GC app.  But the more I use Cachly the more I like it.  It doesn't always flow as easily in my mind, but once you get used to it there is more functionality.  My favorite is the ability to post more than one photo in a log.  I also like that the visit/drop a TB functionality is within the log of a cache.  I hate the new drop a trackable in the GC app.

Thot    57

Thanks for the comments.  I got Cachly.  It has a learning curve but it seems to do what I want nicely or is that cachly (moan).

Edited by Thot