Thot

Has GC stopped supporting encryption of logs?

I can't figure out how to encrypt part of a log anymore.  Has GC thrown that feature away?

If so, and you want to encrypt part of your log you can use my utility which you can find here

I have not thought of encrypting part of my log in the past, but it's good to know there is an option to do so. I've only ever seen encrypted descriptions or hints. I know how the hints are encrypted automagically when placing a cache, but never thought about the description or the logs. Cool.

11 hours ago, Team Troglodyte said:

Put the part that you don't want encrypted in [between brackets].

Have you recently checked to see if that works?  That's the feature I was asking if GC threw away.

In the newest form, it seems to be gone.  On the website, you can opt for the older version, and there is a check box below the text box to encrypt the answer.  Anything in square brackets [like so] will not be encrypted.

6 hours ago, TheNorman said:

In the newest form, it seems to be gone.  On the website, you can opt for the older version, and there is a check box below the text box to encrypt the answer.  Anything in square brackets [like so] will not be encrypted.

I didn't switch to the new version, so I hadn't noticed, but it does appear to be missing.

There's a lot about the "new" version of pages I don't like.  If they ever do away with the old home page (dashboard?) and make me use the new one, I think I'll quit caching.