Thot

How much climbing

I guess I'm the only person who posts questions here.

I'm not exactly sure what elevation change means, but if it were me, I would count climbing on top of a fireplug an abrupt elevation change.

Edited by Thot
  • Like 1

I would think that climbing on a fire hydrant should get more than 1.5 terrain rating.  I often find D/T ratings that I consider to be "off".  This one looks like the default was not changed.

In the world of geocaching, a fire hydrant terrain rating of 5 is like climbing Mt. Everest to many of us.  LOL  I say stick a 2.5 on most of them and you cover the age spectrum nicely. The whole idea of these ratings mean little to nothing to most of us.  Again I laugh, because we all see what we want to see.

On 7/2/2017 at 5:57 PM, Baytown Bert said:

In the world of geocaching, a fire hydrant terrain rating of 5 is like climbing Mt. Everest to many of us.  LOL  I say stick a 2.5 on most of them and you cover the age spectrum nicely. The whole idea of these ratings mean little to nothing to most of us.  Again I laugh, because we all see what we want to see.

I'm not sure where you got a terrain rating of 5.  It isn't so much seeing what I want to see, I'm no longer able to climb a fire hydrant, so I look more carefully at caches above 2 terrain

Edited by Thot
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 9:11 PM, cachestacker said:

Could bring a step-stool.

Do this.^

On 7/2/2017 at 5:57 PM, Baytown Bert said:

You never know til you get there. D/T ratings mean jack and the hint....I have no idea how to respond to that.  Curious cache after I looked at the street view with a residence right there-- is it their home?

Edited by jdpen74

Newbies who hid a cache and never changed the default rating of 1.5 / 1.5.  I'm sure reaching out to them through a log to the cache or through the messaging system will result in no change to the rating. :-X