Thot

Traveling Caches

I'm the last person to care about jerimy's arbitrary and capricious rules, but I thought traveling caches were outlawed a long time ago. This one seems to be alive https://coord.info/GC4241

So, what's the deal?

But, it's still active. It just moved to Houston recently.

And just where did you see it or know about it being in Houston.  I know it was in Houston back in 2011

NEW traveling caches were "outlawed" years ago, but the older ones were grandfathered until recently.  The idea was that they would move around and be rehidden and their coordinates updated for others to find. Apparently, they all pretty much were just being held onto by people and taken to events to be "found" by others and the coordinates seldom changed, so Seattle decided to archive them all.

Yeah. That was pretty terrible, people taking those traveling caches to events for hand-offs and logging. Really terrible, and bad for geocaching no doubt. More Washington wisdom to help our game grow.  (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 3:51 PM, PARKERPLUS said:

And just where did you see it or know about it being in Houston.  I know it was in Houston back in 2011

I stumbled across it.  I can't remember where now.