Thot

How far can you move a cache?

Thot    57

How far can you move a cache before you have to archive it and make a new one?

I've never heard of a specific distance, so I suppose it would be up to the reviewer. At some point common sense would be a factor e.g. to move a cache from Beaumont to El Paso. Why?

PARKERPLUS    35

In my younger days, I moved one from Huntsville to Houston.  I wanted to keep the same cachers that found the cache with that cache.  Right off hand, I don't remember which one it was, could be LIL STINKER, PICTURE THIS, HIGHER EDUCATION or another one of my early caches.

I moved the cache 528 feet at a time.  If I moved it a mile or even 530 feet, GC would reject it.  It took me a good while but I was able to get it moved to Houston without any interference from GC.

I suppose you could ask your friendly reviewer to do it for you, explaining what you wish to do

HoustonControl    1,044

I'm pretty certain it's 528 feet.  Well, YOU can move it 528 feet.  Any further than that an the reviewer has to do it, which he may, depending on the circumstances.  I have an old multi that I recently converted from a 5-stage multi to a 4-stage multi by just eliminating the first stop.  That meant moving the posted coordinates a couple of miles, but leaving the rest the same.  PR did it with no hesitation.

Thot    57

Thanks for the info.  I believe I can find a place that's within 528 feet.  One of the problems is two other caches already overlap into my zone.  And I'm guessing if I move into the overlap it may raise flags.  My cache was there long before the overlapping ones but those technicalities never influenced Prime Reviewer.

HoustonControl    1,044

Define "overlapping zones".  You won't be able to move it to within 528' of another cache, regardless of which one was there first.  If you draw a 528' circle around each cache, the circles can overlap (Venn diagram style), but neither circle can overlap the center of the other.