Sign in to follow this  
TheNorman

I've been everywhere?

TheNorman    132

I seem to remember a challenge cache with a title similar to the title for this topic, but I don't remember all of the details.  It was a challenge to find caches in towns throughout Texas that begin with each letter in the alphabet.  I also seem to remember that a cache in Mexia would count for X.

We were caching in Mexia today.  And the search function at geocaching.com has changed, making it more difficult to find caches by name.

So…does anyone know about the cache I'm describing and have a GC code?

TheNorman    132

That certainly matches the name, but I must have the wrong name.  Perhaps it is a name like Texas Alphabet Challenge.  The idea was to find 26 caches around the state--such as a cache in Abilene to count for A, a cache in Bedias to count for B and so on.

jdpen74    18

We will be in the same area this week (camping at a state park) so I looked at some of my saved lists searching for certain caches in needed counties and came across this one : GC54C8X  It sounds the same as you describe but is for counties, not cities. And, it's in Fort Worth. Still looking for the challenge by cities you are talking about....maybe I'll come across it.

Found this one in Plano: GC1E28V

Edited by jdpen74
Add info

TheNorman    132

I didn't know about the county version, and the one in Plano sounds like it might be the one I remember--much appreciated!

Just checked, and I qualify. Guess I'll have to go sign it some day.

As I was scanning through my GSAK DB, I happened by chance to land on a particular cache and heard the trademark "bosun's whistle" sound effect. RIP Bosun.

Edited by Team Troglodyte