Thot

How do you learn about available souvenirs?

I have about 15 souvenirs but I never did anything deliberately to get them.  I just discovered they were there one day.   This page says it lists available souvenirs but it doesn't.  It lists geographic places that are apparently always available but no special ones.  There's a list of obsolete/no longer available ones at the bottom of the page but no available souvenirs.  So how does one learn of available souvenirs.  (Yes, I know I've used the word souvenirs ad nauseum but but I wanted to be sure it was clear what I was asking.)

P.S. Please remember I don't get notices of replies from this website so I have to remember to deliberately check. 

For most of the date/event specific souvenirs, I find out about them here or on various geocache social media groups.  Groundspeak sends out notices of some.  If you haven't seen those, you might need to adjust your settings so you you get their emails.

• Like 1

I recall some chit chat about souvenirs where some were suggesting that HQ has kinda cheapened them by using them in many of their membership promotions. One was the 31 days thing awhile back. Personally, I like collecting em when life permits it. I mostly hear about the souvies via the member emails or the Groundspeak blog promoting various events.

With activity and membership down, the achievement of participation using the souvenirs is added motivation for some. I admit that I am slightly more likely to try and participate in stuff to collect new souvenirs. What can I say? I'm a lemming.

I have every non-state "digital trinket", (souvenir), since Aug 2013.

Um, not proud to say that I participate like a sheep...but, if you truly need a reference...look at my profile.:-[

16 hours ago, amberita13 said:

I have every non-state "digital trinket", (souvenir), since Aug 2013.

Um, not proud to say that I participate like a sheep...but, if you truly need a reference...look at my profile.:-[

I think his question is "how did you know about them in advance to earn them?"

On January 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM, TheNorman said:

I think his question is "how did you know about them in advance to earn them?"

I guess reading slowly was not my forte that day.

The weekly e-mails that show the events near you, assuming you plugged in some location for yourself in your profile, is normally how I hear about them first.