Sign in to follow this  
Mr Muddy Buddy

TEXAS Series in GBP - last winter season

Mr Muddy Buddy    223

Here is an advance notice:
This will be the last winter season for the TEXAS series in George Bush Park (picture below) 
The first cache in the series is: GC2K0CD
The series was placed 6 years ago and has hosted many groups caching treks and most have been found over 100 times.

This notice will give interested parties time to make the trek and find the caches. 
 Sometime in March, the series will be collected and archived. 
It will be sad to see it go, but it's time to move on and open the space for something new.

For those that don't know the area it is heavily wooded, with lots of thorns and vines, and a couple of ditch crossings. Some powerline r.o.w. and piepline r.o.w. access makes it a little easier.
Also, the eastern entrance is closed until 2019, so you must access from the southeast or from the west. Parking suggestions are on the picture below.

This notice was also posted on the FB site. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/608446622603627/)

Texas suggestions.jpg

• Like 2

KeyResults    604

Appreciate the heads up. I do need the T ( and to clean up a few in Alphabet Soup too)

It would be nice to have it all completed

amberita13    186

I also appreciate the notice, as I was just talking about at two different events mid-December because Jan/Feb is usually when groups decide to tackle the series but no one looked especially enthusiastic to host.

I'm an odd-ball cacher though, as I need the "X" and 4 western caches of the "A".

Team 150%    4

Mcguyvertwo and I need one on the X (DNF), the A, and the S. I know parking is closed on the east side but is it still possible to come in from the east side? We plan to do them but it will be mid February before I can do it due to moving.