Sign in to follow this  
SockPuppet

GPS used to deliver packages

SockPuppet    192

Yesterday the doorbell rang and I had two packages that belonged to the neighbor. I was able to catch the small delivery truck. They said they were told to use the GPS to deliver the packages and not to use the street numbers. This explains a lot. About a month ago the trash truck missed our side of the street. When I called the company they said that the GPS indicated that the truck had been on my street. I told them that the GPS is not accurate enough to tell which side of the street that the truck was on.

GPS to get to a street/block is OK but then the drivers need to use their eyes and look at the house numbers/addresses for the specific delivery.

• Like 1

SockPuppet    192
6 hours ago, ohl hockey guy said:

GPS to get to a street/block is OK but then the drivers need to use their eyes and look at the house numbers/addresses for the specific delivery. That's what I thought. The two ladies looked like seasonal workers since they were in a small cargo transit van.

green-eyed    175

last year, welding seal did some driving for UPS for a few months.  he used his own phone and the waze app for accurate directions.  the handheld "GPS" units they carry just beep when you get close to the address..... like ours do when we get within X distance to the cache.  but the drivers are told to drop and run, not to wait for someone to answer or get signatures.

tuba_dude    82

I get packages at my door all the time that is for the neighbor. Granted I do live in an apartment complex and our doors are right next to each other but most of the time they have the apartment number on the package