Sign in to follow this  
amberita13

FTF Promotion

FTF Promotion  

16 members have voted

1. 1. So how interested are you in participating?

• I have someone in mind with some interest, this promotion gives us just a little more incentive to find a geocache together.
    • It will take some convincing, but you know someone who cares about you will reluctantly participate with you.
    • Through obligatory terms, (aka: spouse, family member), will be a "gimmie" for participation just because....
    • Not really interested, but we'll see when the time comes...
    • Not at all interested.

amberita13    186

Looks like peer pressure is at it's very best on the new Geocaching Promotion announced recently.

Soooo...I made this poll just for fun; if nothing quite fits...just simply reply how the promotion will, or will not, work for you! :)

Edited by amberita13

tuba_dude    82

It would be nice to have, but I'm not going to attempt to get it. I have talked about geocaching with all of my muggle friends and no one is interested.

Actually I just thought of a way I may be able to get it. My mom recently made an account so she could log her will attends for the round up, but she has never logged a find. We will be in McKinney for the big munzee bash on Monday the 10, so I wonder if we can find an LPC with a munzee on it and she can log one of those.

• Like 1

tuba_dude    82
On 9/30/2016 at 11:00 AM, tuba_dude said:

It would be nice to have, but I'm not going to attempt to get it. I have talked about geocaching with all of my muggle friends and no one is interested.

Actually I just thought of a way I may be able to get it. My mom recently made an account so she could log her will attends for the round up, but she has never logged a find. We will be in McKinney for the big munzee bash on Monday the 10, so I wonder if we can find an LPC with a munzee on it and she can log one of those.

After a very long weekend of munzeeing, I did not have the energy on trying to convince my mom to find a cache. Although we were less then 300 feet from several caches I was just ready to come home. I did end up finding 2 caches in McKinney, but mom stayed in the car for both of them because it was not the 10th yet and she thought it would be cheating if I took the picture a day early. All well, I dont look at my caching badges much anyway.

Mudfrog    98

Little late here but, my first thought was that this was yet another marketing ploy to bring in more potential paying members. Myself, i'm tired of the gimmicks and tactics GC.com has tried using over the last couple of years to increase quantity of members. They've pushed the phone app which has caused a ridiculous amount of turn over and a degradation of our hobby. Things like souvenirs and badges could have been a fun thing but because so many are pushed out these days, there's really nothing special about most of them. The option to buy premium membership without auto renewal was taken away and is simply another ploy to catch some members off guard.I hate the fact that GC.com knows they have the monopoly and can do anything they want without regard to it's members.TPTB are seeing dollar signs so the main thing is numbers. Because of this, the overall quality of geocaching has gone down and geocaching as a whole, is suffering. I'm sure this is one of the bigger reasons why we've lost so many good, dedicated people over the last few years.

Ok, not sure why i got on my soapbox just now. Don't guess it matters much since most aren't reading this anyways because they're using their phones with facebook and the app. Go back to your regularly scheduled program.

• Like 5

What is sad is I took NEw Cachers out during the time frame.   To find caches I already found.   Did I get it???  No!!!  Do I care?  Not really.   They took the WWF one away but yet they Give one for almost any thing now adays they are nothing to be proud of these days.   Hate to say it.   Just my two cents.   I'll go play in my corner of this round room now.