Sign in to follow this  
HoustonTxDave

Hello from HoustonTxDave

Just got started geocaching in February 2016 when a family member told me about it. We are from Cypress, Texas (in northwest houston). We have found about 100 geocaches. We went to the Texas Geocaching Challenge in Brenham earlier this year and had a blast. i recently went to a "flying saucer" meeting downtown and got to meet about 15 geo-buddies. We have 3 geocaches hidden in downtown houston and another six geocaches hidden in the hermann park/museum district. We enjoy geocaching in areas that are family friendly and places that you park and spend the day searching for a series of caches.

• Like 3

Welcome Dave! I really enjoyed your Zoo cache & it was a real life-saver for me & memorable considering it coincided with the first, of too many, Houston floods. I see you have a few more in the medical center...so I look forward to finding those caches in the fall! Maybe I'll run into you at an event sometime!:)

• Like 1

Hi Dave, you're even up on the NW side...hopefully we will bump into you at the PnG events (or one of the many others around town!)

Welcome. C U in the logs!

• Like 1

Hi, Dave!  Good to meet you at the Saucer.  You have done something many don't do that early on in their caching careers - going to events.  I waited way too long before going to my first.  I learned so much from so many people that I kicked myself for not going earlier.

Hope to see you around.  Maybe at a family-friendly paddle event later this summer or fall on Armand Bayou.

• Like 1