Sign in to follow this  
jdpen74

project gc stats

jdpen74    19

Quick question concerning something I don't understand. It's a #'s thing and I noticed before but didn't really care. My stats say I've found "1065 finds on 1064 unique geocaches". Why does this happen, what am I missing/doing wrong? It isn't a big deal but if I were just starting the hobby and noticed this on someone else's project gc stats I'd wonder "Is one particular cache not unique?"  Is it a glitch?

cachestacker    736

You've logged a cache twice -- accidentally or maybe used the app which sometimes does that for you as a free service.  Sometimes three times.  Someone can point out the easy way to find out which one it is (I can't remember offhand)

And guess what?  If it was before your 1k then it will throw off your milestone. ;)

If you use GSAK for your stats you can override it.  Maybe even on mygeocachingprofile.com now, too.  

• Like 1

jdpen74    19

Oh darn! Okay, thanks. Makes perfect sense that logging a find twice would do this but I wish it didn't affect my 1k find if it happened before then-- I think it did though...ugh. 

Just looked through my first 40 finds thinking it happened when I meant to write note or something else besides a found it log.. 

tuba_dude    82

I just attempted to find what your duplicate log was, and noticed I had a duplicate log too. Luckily it was only 2 days ago and I havnt been caching since.

• Like 1

jdpen74    19

Ohhhh no! I FOUND IT. :( Hubby logged an "attended" for me after an event we did, in fact attend-- but----for a TB drop I asked him to "WRITE NOTE " for while I was driving home! . Later, after getting home , I logged my own attended log for the event.  Double log nonetheless!!!!  Is this not right either?

Edited by jdpen74
typo

4 hours ago, jdpen74 said:

Ohhhh no! I FOUND IT. :( Hubby logged an "attended" for me after an event we did, in fact attend-- but----for a TB drop I asked him to "WRITE NOTE " for while I was driving home! . Later, after getting home , I logged my own attended log for the event.  Double log nonetheless!!!!  Is this not right either?

That would do it. If you want to get things back in balance, just delete one of the logs. You can even delete the one which was used to drop the TB, and it will remain despite the log deletion.

• Like 1

jdpen74    19

I fixed it so the #s would match up. For anyone new to this who've noticed the same thing, it's very simple to fix once you know the problem:

1. Go to project gc page and sign in.

2. At the very top, click on PROFILE  and a drop down menu appears.

3. Click on FIND BAD LOGS which will take you to a page w/ your name already selected in the search. Hit the FILTER button.

4. Three lists will appear which will show:

A. Duplicate logs on caches you own.

B. Duplicate logs 

C. Logs (found logs) on caches you own.

Click the GC code(s) on list B (middle list).This will take you directly to the cache page where you've logged a "found it" more than once so you can delete your duplicate log.

• Like 1

HoustonControl    1,046

I ran this today for grins and found I had recently double-logged a cache.  Thanks for posting this!  I'd hate to get to a big milestone and find out I my logs were wrong.

jdpen74    19

Welcome! It did take several days to update though-- I don't currently pay them so updates are once a week. Saved my 1000k on Alien Pod also since I'd forgotten to log a cache find from back in Sept. 2015. Yea! All's good now. Guess I'm becoming more interested in #s also....been checking for the update everyday and it finally got corrected today!