jdpen74

My 1k

12 posts in this topic

My 500th cache was Houston's First and now I'm approaching 1k. Any suggestions? KR will be home this weekend instead of me traveling to Rockport so I'd like for him to go with. We live in Manvel. 

Help! I want it to be a good one. Btw....saving Tombstone for 10k so don't suggest that!   Uh...Original Stash is for 100k so don't suggest that either! : )

Go for a "busy day" challenge including/ending with Galveston web cam. Baytown Nature Center is good place to get a bunch of types. If you can find an event and a cito you'll be set.

i always thought Special Tools Required or Four Cache Loop were quite worthy milestone caches.

Oh, and advance congrats on your upcoming comma club achievement!

3 people like this

5 hours ago, KeyResults said:

i always thought Special Tools Required or Four Cache Loop were quite worthy milestone caches.

HEB killed Special Tools.  :(

7 hours ago, KeyResults said:

i always thought Special Tools Required or Four Cache Loop were quite worthy milestone caches.

Special Tools Required is / was a great cache

1 person likes this

I love doing Drew8's caches for milestones. They are always so well thought out. My favorite is Plundering the Treasure of Captain Drew. It's not an instant gratification cache but the journey is awesome. 

2 people like this

I second drew8 caches, like KX mentioned.  Plundering is not only very creative, but very well thought-out with a neat map.  It takes a little while but it is a lot of fun to do.  Especially with a small group to help you celebrate when you finish.

I will also say I'm not the last person to have done the Necropolis of Britannia Manor III, but I felt like I was one of them.  560 favorite points and just amazing.  Worth considering for a big milestone.  Having just done this I so wish I had had the chance to do it long ago.

Wow, so many good ones for any milestone. Some of those I had seen before but completely forgotten them. Thanks!

I'll second the nomination of Necropolis, although the other would make fine milestone caches as well.

Thanks, all of you, for nominating a good one. I went with KR, no muggle, Sassy Cat & Cache Spy to get Alien Pod yesterday for my 1k! Also grabbed some orher nice ones in the Clear Lake area afterwards. Johnny has a new awesome multi that we went after...yall must do that one!  But keep these words in mind,  "It's a Night Cache!" He put a whole lot of work into it. 

1 person likes this

I made lists of the caches that won the contests for best Houston area caches of 2007 & 2008

Unfortunately it appears many of the 2007's are gone and I don't think I finished the 2008's but most on the list are still there.

18 hours ago, Thot said:

I made lists of the caches that won the contests for best Houston area caches of 2007 & 2008

Unfortunately it appears many of the 2007's are gone and I don't think I finished the 2008's but most on the list are still there.

#2 and #3 on that list are mine, but due to changes in the Nature Center, they don't have the cool factor that they once did.  The other two multis on the list are also mine and are still getting lots of faves.  There's an event and hike planned for the 30th to do the One Cache Loop.  http://coord.info/GC6F05M