Thot

Which Cache on the Geocaching Map?

The reason I don't use the Geocaching map is because I can't figure out which cache on the map is the one I've clicked on.  Is there a way?

If I go to the geocaching.com map when looking at the cache page for Not an Entrance! here's the map I get.  Which of this bewildering array of caches is Not an Entrance!  This is a rhetorical, question I know which one but not from using this map.

Untitled-1.png

Edited by Thot

In this mode, the cache you were looking at will be right in the center of the screen.  I have always found that to be pretty good.

When there a gillion caches I find it difficult to locate the exact center and I don't think the target is always in the center.  I wonder why they don't color it red or make it the shape of something -- a shield, a bold plus mark, a chicken or something

Edited by Thot

4 hours ago, Thot said:

When there a gillion caches I find it difficult to locate the exact center and I don't think the target is always in the center.  I wonder why they don't color it red or make it the shape of something -- a shield, a bold plus mark, a chicken or something

I agree. They should change the symbol or highlight it in some way

I agree that they should highlight it (like have it selected so there is the information window).  But I have found it to be pretty spot on.  Of course, if the size of your window exceeds the size of your screen…that's a problem.