amberita13

February 29th - Take a LEAP with Skydiving!

I was just curious what Geocaching.com had for Christmas items, (doubt my other half will get me something geocaching related), but I saw this !366 coin/stand/pin combo & it got me excited! 

In fact, Feb 29th is such a big deal in my book I just requested PTO for that day,(Monday). 

Anyway, y'all know I like original events...so I want to get a rough head count on how many people would be interested in: indoor skydiving for the "leap year"!

Theres one in the woodlands & on the west side going out towards Katy on I10. So, if you're interested, please say which location works best for you. iFly Memorial Link

This little informal poll ends Jan 1st, (I'll get a group rate amount after that), & see if we can go from there! 

1 hour ago, Baytown Bert said:

There is probably a weight limit...

Yeah, Amberita doesn't weigh enough.  The fan would blow her through the roof!

I'd be interested!  It's gotta be good for the back.  I'd vote for the Katy fwy location.

Edited by HoustonControl

Im in! Ive "jumped' the Woodlands location...indoor is almost as much fun as the freefalls I made years ago in 1979 and the early 80's.

Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds

8 hours ago, HoustonControl said:

Yeah, Amberita doesn't weigh enough.  The fan would blow her through the roof!

Nah, they would just use a small 20" box fan for her.  :coolsmiley:

I might be game (either location is fine with me), will be able to firm up answer by mid January. I would like to get Feb 29 filled in on the geocaching calendar. Great Idea A13!!

6 hours ago, Baytown Bert said:

Either that or it would blow past her not realizing there was anything to lift.  Just sayin'... ;)

LOL be like a reed on a saxophone, she would just vibrate and make noise.  LOL

5 hours ago, Mustard Devil said:

Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds

If I strip down to my finger nails I can make that number, or possibly strap on a piece of plywood to increase my surface area so I wouldn't just lay on the fan grill and wobble.

On December 14, 2015 at 5:46 AM, CANINE QUEEN said:

I'm interested but could only make it al lunch or after work if it's at the I-10 location.

What time is "after work" for you?

& Mustard Devil: Which location are you interested in? Woodlands again?

Bert: Did you even say if the red pigtailed Baytownian will grace us with his/her presence?

...more questions than answers. :)

GASTX has my vote for most creative response with the 20" box fan :laugh:

9 hours ago, amberita13 said:

What time is "after work" for you?

& Mustard Devil: Which location are you interested in? Woodlands again?

Bert: Did you even say if the red pigtailed Baytownian will grace us with his/her presence?

...more questions than answers. :)

GASTX has my vote for most creative response with the 20" box fan :laugh:

5-ish, but my son gave me a gift certificate for Ifly for my birthday yesterday.   So, if I come it would likely just be for the event and to say "Hi!" to everyone.  BTW, you should have done one of the races at the Brazos Bend 100. It was awesome!

according to the who should fly section of the website, I shouldn't. I would like to attend the event and watch though.