Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you   18 votes

1. 1. Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

• October 8
    • October 15
    • October 22
    • October 29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry about your knees. I'm to blame for that. I should have lessoned the pace a bit while I was out front, and I know the gravel roads didn't help. They did a number on my ankles and left knee.  :(

Posted · Report post

Man....that gravel sucked...that was the worst part I'd rather be sinkin in the pine needles than hikin on those rocks. I think thats what got to Jeff's foot...that and no ankle support.... :) GSGuru slowed me down a few times, cuz my legs carry me faster than others....I forget  :-[.

anyway, I gotta get to work. Ya'll have a great day!

Like my new icon, its appropriate huh :D?

Posted · Report post

(note to self: next time, use the Muddy Buddy technique)

and do you want to share?

I think that he is talking about the trash bags that Stan put on his feet rather than taking hiking boots and socks off to cross the creek.  mtp has taken pictures and posted them.  He and mbrownjer got a kick out of his creek crossing technique. 

Yes, that is what I was thinking of.  Thanks SP for the linkback.

Now to read how it went! :)

Posted · Report post

So when is the after-event when lies get told and the story officially embellished?!  O0

I was sorry to read about FSH, but thank God that it was a learning experience and nothing more.  Like GQ, I'm ready to go whenever you say.  Give me a week's notice so that I can cancel my less pressing obligations; everything is less pressing, BTW.

Where are the pics from the tree stand???!  Where are the pics of people sliding down hills and covered by mud?  One lousy snake?  Sheesh!

Sorry I missed it.  Really sorry.

Posted · Report post

Man....that gravel sucked...that was the worst part I'd rather be sinkin in the pine needles than hikin on those rocks. I think thats what got to Jeff's foot...that and no ankle support.... :) GSGuru slowed me down a few times, cuz my legs carry me faster than others....I forget  :-[.

anyway, I gotta get to work. Ya'll have a great day!

Like my new icon, its appropriate huh :D?

Love your new icon. VERY APPROPRIATE...  :) Those rocks are what did me in, as well as the fast pace you people put me through... LOL Actually, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The time went by alot faster, since we were in a group. Loved the entire experience.

I think the after party is going to be at the Thanksgiving event. Lots of lies and stories going on there!!.

Have a great day, everyone.

gsguru

Posted · Report post

Some of us couldn't take pictures because we were trying to keep up with the rat race.   ;D

Sorry about that ... we were pacing at a good clip ... what do you expect with your leader being ... Luv2fly  :D

I would like to repeat it at a slower pace ... for more pic's and stuff ... maybe a 6:30 or 7:00 am start. Do you want any of the pictures I posted on the temp site?? In their original size they are huge ... I don't think my e-mail server will allow me to e-mail ... but I can get them to a CD...

FSH, I'll second the offer to do the FCL, but not during rifle season ... we passed a few bow hunters ... and two were of the teenage type ... I don't want to see them with a gun in a few weeks...

Posted · Report post

I would love the pictures on a CD if you can do that for me.  I can get it from you at the Thanksgiving event.  I would really appreciate it.   :)

no problem ... you got it  O0

Posted · Report post

Ah, you guys are wimps! :D  Would you believe I volunteered as a Standard Bearer at the Administaff golf tournament in Spring on Friday and Sunday, walking 18 holes (about 5 miles) each day?  OK, I have to admit I was moving a little slow Sunday, but I kept up with those senior golfers. :-X

I'd love to do the FCL again someday -- maybe take it a little slower and get more pictures.

TPB, I'll try to email you the pictures I have in full size - which isn't that big anyway.  I might do it in more than one email. O0

Posted · Report post

Ha!!  I can see I am getting a bad rep here.  :angel: Actually, I was spider clearing for only a portion of the trip.  By GQ's calcs,, we were standing still for 1.5 hours out of the trip. Should have been ample time to snap a few pics.  O0

Some of us couldn't take pictures because we were trying to keep up with the rat race.   ;D

Sorry about that ... we were pacing at a good clip ... what do you expect with your leader being ... Luv2fly  :D

Posted · Report post

Ha!!  I can see I am getting a bad rep here.  :angel: Actually, I was spider clearing for only a portion of the trip. 

and you did a damn good job ...  ;)

Posted · Report post

Ha!!  I can see I am getting a bad rep here.  :angel: Actually, I was spider clearing for only a portion of the trip.  By GQ's calcs,, we were standing still for 1.5 hours out of the trip. Should have been ample time to snap a few pics.  O0

Are you going to clear the spiders out when we go in November?? 

Posted · Report post

I might go in November. Let someone else clear spiders , and break trees crossing the trail. I think my 3rd run swould be on 2 wheels.. 1.5 hours or so for the complete trip?  Did anyone see signs forbidding mountain bikes??

Posted · Report post

Hey L2F, unfortunately there are signs forbidding any wheeled vehicles on the trail.  I was tempted myself.  Let me know if you find a way around it.

Posted · Report post

Has anyone else noticed that Fivesecrethunters has been absent since the FCL? Everthing ok Marty?

Posted · Report post

Has anyone else noticed that Fivesecrethunters has been absent since the FCL? Everthing ok Marty?

profile shows he was on  ... Today at 09:25:12 AM

Posted · Report post

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Haven't heard from him in a while. If you hear from him, let me know. Do you know if he's going to be at the Thanksgiving event?

gsguru

Posted · Report post

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Haven't heard from him in a while. If you hear from him, let me know. Do you know if he's going to be at the Thanksgiving event?

gsguru

Last I heard from him, yes, he was going to come. I'll email him later today.