Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you   18 votes

1. 1. Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

• October 8
    • October 15
    • October 22
    • October 29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just dropping another note to let ya'll know that I'll be showing up at 8AM Saturday morning.  I have 2 radios, if I can remember to get them.  I'm making a lunch dash to Oshmans to see if I can find a camelbak.  OH and instead of all high protein snacks, I'm bringing CHOCOLATE, for a pick-me-up!  :o 

Can anyone tell me if the camelbak will fit under a backpack very well? 

As far as puzzles, I'm horrible at them so I usually skip them, but I'll see what I can come up with on this one.

I can't wait for Saturday, See ya'll then!  ;D

Thunor

Camelbaks are usually backpacks with a bladder in a pocket. If you already have a pack and just want something for water you could get the "Unbottle" bladder. Its the same thing as the regular bladder that you would find in any "camelbak" like backpack but has an abrasion resistant covering and insulated. They are kind of expensive though. As others stated though. It doesn't have to be a camelbak product. You could most likely find a generic bladder at walmart for a few bucks and slide it into you backpack.

Posted · Report post

I did post a note on TXGA for anyone to come and attached the link as well, this was yesterday, or in the middle of the night...something like that.  Just in case you were wondering..?

Posted · Report post

I asked my husband  (camelbacks are part of the military uniforms now and worn daily)  he said those that are regular camelbacks not designed as backpacks fit over your backpack or even better inside your back pack

Posted · Report post

That is how I wear mine, under my backpack. With the thing stuffud full of ice it will give me a couple hours with cold water, and keep my back cool at the same time.

I asked my husband  (camelbacks are part of the military uniforms now and worn daily)  he said those that are regular camelbacks not designed as backpacks fit over your backpack or even better inside your back pack

Posted · Report post

I did post a note on TXGA for anyone to come and attached the link as well, this was yesterday, or in the middle of the night...something like that.  Just in case you were wondering..?

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

This is who I know should be meeting us out there tomorrow morning at 8:00. If you want my cell number, just in case something comes up, or you're running late, send me a pm through this website, I'll check it throughout the day.

Jeff and I

GQ & TPB

Pepper

GSguru

5SH

RER

Thunor

TTF

Loves2Fly

This ought to be a BLAST! We're all newbies except for GQ, right?

Posted · Report post

Been there, done that....but this time I wil be able to take scores of pics of the rest of you, so I don't need a smiley.  See ya there.

Posted · Report post

3 Words:

Water! Ibuprophen! Radios (FRS)

When you think you have enough water. Bring about a third to half as much more. TRUST ME.

Make sure that last person has a radio. Nobody wants to go back lookin'.

Posted · Report post

This is who I know should be meeting us out there tomorrow morning at 8:00. If you want my cell number, just in case something comes up, or you're running late, send me a pm through this website, I'll check it throughout the day.

Jeff and I

GQ & TPB

Pepper

GSguru

5SH

RER

Thunor

TTF

Loves2Fly

This ought to be a BLAST! We're all newbies except for GQ, right?

There will be 3 of the fivesecrethunters going tomorrow.  Boys day out hiking, girls day out shopping.  Everyone wins!

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow.

Good....sounds like we've got our tree climbers!

Posted · Report post

The forums are quiet today cause everyone is getting ready for tomorrow right?...

Posted · Report post

The forums are quiet today cause everyone is getting ready for tomorrow right?...

We're all hydrating, puzzle solving, and in mediation. O0

Posted · Report post

Don't forget programing Excel to figure distance calculations and spit out coordinates.  :P

Posted · Report post

We are ready ....

Any guess on a finish time?

Can we average 2 MPH

Posted · Report post

gulp, sip, gulp, aaahhhhhooooooommmmmmm  O0

Posted · Report post

We are ready ....

Can we average 2 MPH

Never mind I read the previous posts .... the guesses seem to be 6 to 10 hours ...

Posted · Report post

gulp, sip, gulp, aaahhhhhooooooommmmmmm   O0

Is that water  ???

Posted · Report post

We are ready ....

Can we average 2 MPH

Never mind I read the previous posts .... the guesses seem to be 6 to 10 hours ...

6 hours and 33 minutes

Posted · Report post

We are ready ....

Can we average 2 MPH

6 hours and 33 minutes

We took 7.5 hours which included a break for lunch, D. B. Cooper, and getting lost.  I predict you will be at the cars by 3:30 pm.

Posted · Report post

gulp, sip, gulp, aaahhhhhooooooommmmmmm   O0

Is that water  ???

Drinking and meditating... yeah, you could call it water... heehee

Posted · Report post

I predict you will be at the cars by 3:30 pm.

My prediction is 2:47 pm.

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon with the predictions...  ;D

Posted · Report post

We are ready ....

Can we average 2 MPH

I suppose you will average less than 2 MPH.  I reset the trip data on my second go round and the average speed was around 3MPH.  That was with all of us trying to keep our speed at 4mph or so.  But we stopped for lunch, and trying to cross the rivers without getting wet (note to self: next time, use the Muddy Buddy technique), and having lunch, and climbing archery stands, and... uh, caching.

You'll have a lot of fun, and moreso if you don't sweat the speed (or lack thereof).

I wish I were going.  :'(

Posted · Report post

(note to self: next time, use the Muddy Buddy technique)

and do you want to share?

Posted · Report post

I will be bringing 2 FRS/GMRS radios. Pondering bringing a 2 meter ham rig also.

Posted · Report post

O,, and guys/gals  I am not sure how the plural got going..with the luvs,, (sounds like a diaper) ,,  but the name is Love2Fly.

Posted · Report post

I'll be there in the morning if I can find my way up there :o Is there an easy route to the trailhead? I plan on driving up through New Waverly.

See yall tomorrow!