Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you   18 votes

1. 1. Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

• October 8
    • October 15
    • October 22
    • October 29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not yet, My upload kept getting corrputed. I'll get it posted today though. I promise.

Posted · Report post

Ok, I just want to be clear before I post a note on the front page.

Four Cache Loop Group assult.

Oct. 15th at 8:00am

Meeting place, Parking coordinates as listed on cache page.

Any other details?

Posted · Report post

Looks good...think we should add a "what to bring list?"

Posted · Report post

I think the more information the better..  I just want to post a message on the front page with solid info.

Posted · Report post

So here's what to bring....

Extra socks

quality hiking stick

bug spray

lunch

towel

water (we're wearing camel backs)

high fiber/protein snacks like trail mix

camera for blackmail later (to be used on tx_secsy :D)

I hope the weather is as good as it is today huh?!?!? :)

This is my what to bring list that I posted before....edit/add/remove whatever you think.

We are planning on doing the DB Cooper cache, so everyone needs to solve the puzzle before Saturday morning. It only adds about 1 mile to the hike.

Please add for people to hydrate their body on Friday and Thursday by drinkin EXTRA (more than 10 glasses) each day. That'll help them on Saturday of the hike.

Don't add this part to the front page, but I'll contact Ty_Dolney also, to see if he has any other suggestions.

Posted · Report post

There are a few people interested in doing the Four Cache Loop Pick a date that best suits you. If we get enough people together we'll try to get the owner of this cache to be our guide. It will be during hunting season, so think about wearing something bright orange.

Good idea TPB....here's the link to the FCL.

Posted · Report post

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

The cache page for "D. B. Cooper Jr. by geowyz! & pnew" is here.  The waypoint is GCGGTR, and yes, it is close-ish to FCL.

When we found it, there had been a forest fire the year before, but the cache survived.

This is the link to the DB cooper cache.

Posted · Report post

....and a camera to blackmail tx_secsy with

Very funny GQ! :D::)

Posted · Report post

Oh damn....it USED to say NOT to be used on tx_secsy... :D

Posted · Report post

Well, I'm sorry to not let ya'll know earlier but I'm not gunna be able to make it this weekend. :'(  Due to hurricane Rita my plans this month got waaaaaay outa wack.  I'm gunna be wrapped up from 8 am to 7 pm on the 15th.  I did go out there last saturday morning to check on caches 1, 3 & 4.  They were in good shape and I stocked them up. The trail was kinda torn up from all the high winds. There were a number of fallen trees that required small detours.  I would definitely suggest pants and long sleeves on this hike, at least until the hiking club can do some trail work to clean it up and widen the trail in places. I'll just have to watch from a distance this time.  Ya'll be safe and have fun!!

:D TD

Posted · Report post

Well, I'm sorry to not let ya'll know earlier but I'm not gunna be able to make it this weekend. :'(  Due to hurricane Rita my plans this month got waaaaaay outa wack.  I'm gunna be wrapped up from 8 am to 7 pm on the 15th.  I did go out there last saturday morning to check on caches 1, 3 & 4.  They were in good shape and I stocked them up. The trail was kinda torn up from all the high winds. There were a number of fallen trees that required small detours.  I would definitely suggest pants and long sleeves on this hike, at least until the hiking club can do some trail work to clean it up and widen the trail in places. I'll just have to watch from a distance this time.  Ya'll be safe and have fun!!

awwwww....sorry to hear that. :'( Was so looking forward to meeting you.

Hope all is ok at your place from the hurricane....need anything?

Posted · Report post

GQ....any way you can add that part about the long pants and sleeves to the front page?

Posted · Report post

Hope all is ok at your place from the hurricane....need anything?

All is well. The houses faired well, but I got plenty of fire wood for the next decade. O0

Thanks for the concern.

I'm kinda bummed that I can't meet the group this time.  I'll scratch a chigger bite for ya'll.

Posted · Report post

Front page looks great, thanks GQ. I will definately be in long pants, especially after looking at Tx_Secsy's legs this weekend!!    ;D

Can't wait til Saturday.

gsguru

Posted · Report post

Hey Tx Secsy,

Do I need to resolve the DB Cooper if I have already completed it once.  I don't see the point but as I might tag along I wouldn't want anyone to feel the situation unfair?  Let me know what you think?

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I solved it once before, and I guess it would be easy to do again, but I just wanted to be prepared.  I look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Posted · Report post

The FCL map supplied by Ivan Tofindit is now listed in the downloads section.

It can be found here.

Posted · Report post

It can be found here.

Nothing happens GQ????:-[

Posted · Report post

Hey Tx Secsy,

Do I need to resolve the DB Cooper if I have already completed it once.  I don't see the point but as I might tag along I wouldn't want anyone to feel the situation unfair?  Let me know what you think?

No, I wouldn't think so....you've already claimed the cache, right? Just don't give anyone the answers, even me, now matter how hard we beg.  :D

I got a hint from someone how to solve the puzzle, otherwise I'd be lost. ;D

Posted · Report post

I promise, no help, though I seriously doubt you puzzle-rific cachers will need any.  See you this weekend!

Posted · Report post

It can be found here.

Not sure, but it works for me in two diferent browers. Anyone else?

Posted · Report post

It can be found here.

I was able to see it....and print it....its a good map. I have it at home that I can email tonight if needed.

Posted · Report post

It can be found here.

I think "my" problem was with AR 6.0

Posted · Report post

he he he, I found my archive from when I found it and counted the "river" crossings.  I only counted them if they had running water in them.  Here it is, plotted on Google Earth:

51877654_3b85806ebe_o.jpg

Note that there is a benchmark at the parking lot if you have never found one of those before.

I am horribly disappointed that prior committments are forcing me to miss another trip.  :'(