Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you   18 votes

1. 1. Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

• October 8
    • October 15
    • October 22
    • October 29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There are a few people interested in doing the Four Cache Loop Pick a date that best suits you. If we get enough people together we'll try to get the owner of this cache to be our guide. It will be during hunting season, so think about wearing something bright orange.

Posted · Report post

Too bad Halloween falls on a Monday. I would love to start the hike in the afternoon, set camp at the small lake, then head out in the morning. Finding DB Cooper on Halloween night sounds like fun >:D

Posted · Report post

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

Posted · Report post

After FINALLY finding the DB Cooper cache, in Texas that is, I'm assuming the final coords are somewhere around the FCL?

The cache page for "D. B. Cooper Jr. by geowyz! & pnew" is here.  The waypoint is GCGGTR, and yes, it is close-ish to FCL.

When we found it, there had been a forest fire the year before, but the cache survived.

Posted · Report post

I contacted Ty Dolan, the owner of FCL....he's excited about being our guide O0!! He can't do it the first weekend in October so that worked out well. We just gotta let him know which Saturday in October we're goin!

Posted · Report post

count me in for Oct. 15th as well

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Crap!  I'm working every Saturday in October.  I guess I'll vote for the 15th and take a vacation day, if it works out.  At least I'm not working nights that weekend...

Posted · Report post

I originally voted for Oct. 22 because I don't have the kids that weekend, but am available on Oct. 15th if that is the consensus. Will just have to drag them along or leave them home (they are persnickety teenagers now!!  ::) ) Count me in.

gsguru

Posted · Report post

The 15th is good for me.  It'll prolly be better weather than this last weekend. I wouldn't worry too much about he bow hunters. It's the "big guns" you got to watch out.  I'd love to campout friday night if the weather is good.  Hidden lake and lake neiderhoffer are great spots.  See ya'll there.

:D TD

Posted · Report post

Octobr 15th sounds like a good date to me.......

This is sounding more and more like it's gonna be a blast..

Posted · Report post

I would love to camp out at Hidden lake, etc.. but TexasPoohBear is afraid of the woods at night.. What can we do to convince her it will be perfectly fine....?  :)

Posted · Report post

Is Hidden Lake about half way through the hike or at the beginning?

The reason i ask is, it would be nice if others could join us on Saturday that don't want to or aren't able to spend the night.

Poohbear, thats doesn't include you, because you really need to spend the night. This is a fear that needs to be conquered. I'm thinkin soilent green might help  ;)

Anyone else interested in camping out overnight? Its primitive camping correct?

Posted · Report post

It's not that I'm afraid of the woods at night.... I'm afraid of being in the woods at night with GQ.

Soilent Green might help with THAT fear too :D.

Posted · Report post

It's not that I'm afraid of the woods at night.... I'm afraid of being in the woods at night with GQ.

I am not a camper but while on the trail I did not see a single animal.  No snakes, no spiders, no mossies, no pooh bears, nothing, nada.

Posted · Report post

I am in for camping.  Actually it will make it easier for me if we do camp that weekend.  :)

Posted · Report post

I looked at the map for the 3 notch loop cache. Here's the link http://img.groundspeak.com/cache/53504_200.jpg

To camp at hidden lake we'll need to hike in about 1/2 way, set up camp, and then finish the trail the next day. That means hiking in your stuff, MRE's, extra water, etc. Of couse we could camp at Huntsville State Park and then meet up for the hike the next morning.

Jeff and I are game, if we want to make this a group effort....any takers? Either way is fine with us. Looks like we're getting together a nice size little group!

Posted · Report post

I like the idea of HSP but will go with the vote either way.  I do think camping  out is a great idea either way.

Posted · Report post

For our first time, I would prefer a one day trip.

Mrs. said, “ _ _ _ _ NO, I’m not camping in the middle of the forest without water or power”. Sounds like fun to me but, we will have to pass if it’s an overnight trip.

TTF

Posted · Report post

What is the status of this proposed trip? I am trying to get my calendar in line with the kid activites and need to schedule some "ME" time. I am all for camping at HSP. It would be easier than humping all our gear in and back out. (Yes, you can read.... I'm getting older  ;) )

For those of you who are going to the Summer Celebration, we can talk more about this then, I guess.

Let me know.

Thanks bunches

gsguru

Posted · Report post

Jeff and I are talking about spending the weekend at HSP. Getting there Friday night....going to the trail and meeting up Saturday morning. Then not have to drive so far Saturday after the hike. However, I have a couple of 13 and 7 year old details to work out....i.e. babysitter for the weekend...and then make reservations. Let me do that today....I'll follow up.

Posted · Report post

I will have my children with me if we camp at HGS. They are a 15 YO girl and a 16 YO boy. Maybe they can help out. My daughter is a career GS if that helps any at all. They also each have a cell phone. Hope this helps.

gsguru Diane

Posted · Report post

I will have my children with me if we camp at HGS. They are a 15 YO girl and a 16 YO boy. Maybe they can help out. My daughter is a career GS if that helps any at all. They also each have a cell phone. Hope this helps.

gsguru Diane

I'll keep that in mind....my first choice would be to have the kids stay here with a friend, cuz the FCL is about a 5 hour hike, and I'd hate to leave the kids just sittin, but I will keep that in mind. THANKS! :)