Team 150%

GSAK Use

21 hours ago, cachestacker said:

I posted the gpx of them.  Just load them into your found database and then edit and mark them found with the date you found them.

Washington_County_MINI_ADVENTURE Lab Cahes.gpx

Great thanks! I got those 10 added and now I know this may be a longshot, but would anyone happen to have a gpx file of the lap caches for geocoin fest 2014?

I had them until about a week ago.  Geeze.  I guess I am trigger happy on file cleanliness.

I'm sure I have them at home.  I'll try to post them soon.  Tonight is busy so may be tomorrow evening.  PM me if I forget.

I found this useful when going on a county run. This is how to add the county name in the first log as a user note when you load from a GSAK database. 

Add%20County.jpg

Edited by Kirbydox
Edited to add: I also changed the Replace options to "Add before" and then saved the setting under "Add Counties" so I don't have to remember how I had it set up previously.
  • Like 2

It's a little embarrassing to admit this but I've not figured out how to use Child waypoints in GSAK.

From the screen capture below, you can see I know how to check the box that I think activates the waypoint, but then I can't figure out to use/see it.  Occasionally I'd like to have the parking location in my 64s, but I don't know how.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Thot

The flag has nothing to do with whether or not the child waypoint is displayed. It is a means of "flagging" a cache or waypoint for some operation such as a filter. I suggest using the Garmin Export Macro which allows export of child waypoints in various formats. Note that if you use the .ggz file format, the child waypoint(s) must be exported as POIs. If you are loading as .gpx, then they will export as part of the .gpx file.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=15866

image.png.62a11a959ff8c073e2e89bb70411e2fd.png

Thanks.   But, I only want to show selected child waypoints, nor all. 

If the child waypoints all have some common item, it should be possible to filter for those caches from the "Children" tab under filters. However, if you only want to send specific child waypoints from a cache that has multiple child waypoints, i.e. only parking coordinates from a cache that has trail head and other waypoints set as well, that's above my level.  If you go to one of the numerous GSAK help forums, perhaps someone might write a RegEx statement for you that would pull out only what you want. There are people on some of the forums with knowledge many orders of magnitude above mine when it comes to that sort of thing.

• Like 1