cachestacker

2015 Armand Bayou Spring Cleaning CITO

30 posts in this topic

2015 Armand Bayou Spring Cleaning CITO

Sunday, April 26th

Launching promptly at 9:00 a.m.

http://coord.info/GC5KVBR

Hey, folks, the north bayou is opened up -- for now.  Catch it while you can.  Pretty area in the north bayou.  Come check this out before the north bayou gets clogged with hyacinth again!  (We're hoping it's still open by then...)

Caches that, until recently, have not been found in a LONG time.  Catspa came through on 3/23 and got most of them, but didn't try for #1 (didn't have it loaded but was likely reachable) and skipped the puzzle. 

Answers to some common questions:

1)  Yes, this is CITO weekend.  You will get a souvenir if you attend, unless you attended one before this one, in which case you already got one so no, then you won't.

2)  Yes, I will have CLAPS Challenge tags if your finds on this run let you qualify.  http://coord.info/GC2ANX3

3)  Yes, if you have a way to haul it you can borrow my tandem and paddles.  I think I have one PDF.  Sign release/waiver if you don't have a 2nd one.  ;)  First come, first served.  If interested, text me, e-mail me, PM me, or post here.  Whatever.  Rental fees can be paid in nominal quantities of quality beer normally found at Boondoggles.

4)  Pinky's number is 713-510-7968 if you either can't do #3 or #3 has been scooped up before you even finished thinking "cool, I don't have to pay for a rental.".

5)  We're planning a maintenance run beforehand.  Not sure if full or partial, but we'll have our supplies with us so there will be no DNFs on this run.   O0    Wait.  Isn't that all CLAPS events?   :coolsmiley:

3 people like this

If for some reason #4 fails/doesn't strike you as a good option (we've had some issues with Pinkys in the past) you can also opt to rent at ACK. You will have to have means of transportation though, because it is pick-up & return at their location (2 in Houston as far as I know).

It will give you more flexibility in doing other/more Kayak caches though.... Just FYI a.

1 person likes this

My wife and I are excited to attend. We've never paddled north of Bay Area.

1 person likes this

Hans - post their contact information if you have it handy.  I'll add it to my notes for future events, etc.

I would have Kevin, I I weren't working off my iPad at a school ;)

But here goes:

http://www.austinkayak.com/

Houston: 
5822 Bissonnet 
Houston, TX 77081 
(713) 660-7000
Store Hours: 
M-F 10am - 7pm 
S-S 10am - 5pm 

North Houston (Spring): 
23310 North I-45 
Spring, TX 77373 
(281) 203-0430
Store Hours: 
M-F 10am - 7pm 
S-S 10am - 5pm 

Prices range from $25- $55 / day (and that's 24 hrs!!) depending on model and number of days rented.

I will paddle for a pathtag, but if Nov64 shows up and wants me to pick up trash with her, I will paddle in the opposite direction!  That woman's kayak looks like a garbage barge when she's through!

1 person likes this

I don't have any plans for that day yet, so if you hear of anyone hesitant about kayaking please offer them my "marathon arms" service if they pay/have a tandem :)

I better go out and buff up the Yak!  (LOL  I said buff up the Yak)  :uglystupid2:

1 person likes this

I better go out and buff up the Yak! (LOL I said buff up the Yak) :uglystupid2:

If you show up in the buff I may yak. :)

3 people like this

Don't kid yourself.  I've been working out.  :angel:

I will paddle for a pathtag, but if Nov64 shows up and wants me to pick up trash with her, I will paddle in the opposite direction!  That woman's kayak looks like a garbage barge when she's through!

:2funny:

1 person likes this

"I would like to attend this event but I do not own a watercraft and have never been paddling before. Any suggestions on how I could attend this event?"

I posted this note to the cache page and CacheStacker sent me a link to this thread.

TD, show up.  You will credit for the event and if there is an open seat, you can jump in.

1 person likes this

"I would like to attend this event but I do not own a watercraft and have never been paddling before. Any suggestions on how I could attend this event?"

I posted this note to the cache page and CacheStacker sent me a link to this thread.

Option #3 is still available.  You can probably get Amberita13 to join you in the empty seat.  She can paddle like crazy, so you can probably put the paddle down once in a while and take photos and such and she'll not even notice.  Between the 2 of you you can likely make this happen.

Amberita is this an option for you. I would be up for that if you were. CacheStacker where would I have to pick it up?

My house.  About 8-10 min from the park.  With signal lights.  

Awesome! I just heard back from Amberita and she is ok with that plan as long as we tap out around noon. Do you think it will be possible to strap your tandem to the top of my jeep or should I borrow my dad's trailer? I have the roof rails that run from front to back on my jeep.

If you're topless, anything is possible.  I wouldn't put it on the top of a hardtop, though.   Probably best to be safe though...

1 person likes this

Hmmm Ill see if I can borrow my dads trailer then. Only problem is that he is leaving for a cruise on Saturday the 18th and I dont have a place to store his trailer for a week. Maybe he can just leave me the key and Ill go get it on Friday night? Ill figure it out.

PM me when it gets closer.  We'll get something done.  I may be bribed to assist and 'make it happen'.  Maybe you can get Amber to part with a bottle of Apple Pie meade. 

What?! Part with a bottle of Apple pie meade?! :o

(Crazy!)

Edited by amberita13

If you're topless, anything is possible.  I wouldn't put it on the top of a hardtop, though.   Probably best to be safe though...

I agree. If Bert shows up topless, I will yak.

2 people like this

Wouldn't be the first time.  Oh, wait. I'm thinking pants.  Nevermind.

I've been working out!  :laugh: