Sign in to follow this  
cachestacker

GSAK API issues?

cachestacker    736

With the recent changes with the search functions, my ability to load logs not on my owned caches has fallen off.  It comes up with an error that it only will do 30 logs.  The only way to get that is if I do a refresh of the cache itself and only the last 30.

So when someone comes and logs late, I can't get their logs in.

Have I missed something or is this just a 'feature' till they figure it out / update it / etc.?

GASTX    388

As far as I have known the 30 log limit has always been there both in the refresh or the get functions in GSAK (I only keep the last 4-5 logs anyway and do a "purge logs" every few months and trim them back to 4 so I have not ever run into the limit and gotten an error)

Edited by GASTX

cachestacker    736

These are for My Finds.  So it can calculate Caching Karma and other things.  But I'm really talking about the Add Logs, and one of the options is Add all logs not in database.  So that does the trick, but not it's giving the 30 log limit.  That has, as far as I know, always been the refresh limit, but not on the add missing logs feature.  And there is no way to limit it, so any choice you use gets the error.

GASTX    388

From the GSAK site about this issue, might be worth a try.

"enter a starting log of 1 and ending in a very large number - 999999999).

You would also have to do the brute force method on a regular bases as there is no telling when one of these "late entered" logs will pop up."

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?s=9267599bbabdc7f7d4a0e22db2205b59&showtopic=25905&st=0&#entry196442

cachestacker    736

Tools / Check for newer version of GSAK.  Intalled the latest patch and it's changed the Download Logs feature a little.  Now it works fine.