TravelingGeek

project-gc.com Hints, Tips, and Tutorials

I've been looking at Project-GC.com recently and I've been pretty impressed.  Kevin asked me about how to track the texas counties, so I did a quick screen grab to show the feature (Which then became two or three screen grabs) so I thought I would share it.  This is just a tiny slice of what you can do with project-gc.com, but it is a powerful one.

• Like 1

GSAK is still better for some things.   For instance, I will export a GPX from Project-gc and use GSAC to identify missing jasmer months, etc.   And it works offline, so I usually read up on the virtuals and Earthcaches on the airplane.

I just hope GC.com doesn't buy either of 'em because then half the features will go away and they wont ever upgrade again.

• Like 2

Pay for both like the rest of us Hans!

I've been thinking about Project-GC.com for a bit... Wasn't so sure about the benefits over GSAK, but now that I've seen TravelingGeeks video I'm seriously considering.

Is Project-GC.com a one-time fee like GSAK or an annual fee like GROUNDSPEAK?

Above the county map it says you can zoom in on counties  you don't have yet to see what caches are available.  I can't get this to work.  Is there something you need to do before or after zooming in?