Baytown Bert

Precinct 4 GeoChallenge announced

Baytown Bert    1,117

About the Precinct 4 GeoChallenge http://www.hcp4.net/...ks/GeoChallenge

The Precinct 4 GeoChallenge is a precinct-wide geocaching event sponsored by Harris County Precinct 4. Participants will be introduced to the trending pastime of geocaching while experiencing the abundance of amenities Precinct 4 has to offer. The GeoChallenge contains a series of 57 geocaches, all of which are easy to find. However, attainment of certain geocaches may require elevated physical activity.

If you save Precinct 4 GeoChallenge #1 – Dennis Johnston Park as your last find, you can come in to the parks department offices and pick up your prizes (see below) while you’re there. Have fun, and thanks for visiting!

Baytown Bert    1,117

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/spring/news/article/Harris-County-event-targets-high-tech-treasure-6100843.php

Harris County is inviting families to explore the great outdoors right in their own backyard and challenging kids of all ages to a game designed specifically to be played outside.

The 2015 Harris County Precinct 4 GeoChallenge officially begins March 7 and the scavenger hunt will take place across the precinct, from Greens Bayou Wetland Mitigation Bank in the east to Dyess Park in the west and from Burroughs Park in the north to Memorial Park in the south.

The commissioner hopes the challenge will draw attention to the 3,800 acres of green space preserved in the precinct.

amberita13    186

So I'm viewing this through my phone, so I may be missing it, but is there a PQ or other GC.com listing to immediately get all the caches?

I see a table that has the coordinates & GC codes link only...

GASTX    388

PQ's and GSAK are your best friends or you can download the 3 pages of the cache listings as GPX files and go from there. Maybe other ways. I am a GSAK junkie and dont use the GC.com tools much.

GASTX    388

Here is a GPX file of all of the Precinct 4 Geo Challenge Caches. It includes the notes, hints and waypoints for parking, etc. Might give it a try

Precint4GeoChallenge.gpx

Edited by GASTX
  • Like 2

GASTX    388

GC5K9C2 - Precinct 4 GeoChallenge #56 - Jesse H. Jones Park log book says this is cache #51. Hmmmm

Baytown Bert    1,117

So I hear some of it has been a bit confusing.  57 caches published at once, I wonder how much of a maint nightmare it will be.

GASTX    388

The few we grabbed (#56 in particular) in JHJ park are not hidden very well and will get found by muggles I am afraid. But I am glad to see they used ammo cans. Not enough of those used much any longer. Guess because they dont fit under LP skirts. :(

• Like 1