TAZ427

Two new Souvenir's Coming up...

Dhaulaghiri    269

Think about it; the metric system is nothing more than a unit of measurement and how we perceive any single measurement.  Think a quart of soft drink versus a liter of soft drink.  I am for switching to the metric system, but I will probably never stop thinking in the way I learned (U.S. Customary System).  In many ways we have already accepted many metric measures.

Oh, and BTW I couldn't care less what system they use, I just presumed since GROUNDSPEAK boasts to support/promote caching globally, the very least thing they could be is consistent. Oh wait...... did I just swear in church?!? :angel:

• Like 1

Baytown Bert    1,117

(GASP!)  I am planning to hide a puzzle cache in the area to help folks get their puzzle/Pi souvenirs in Baytown on 3-14-15.  TXgeohunters published a Pi event in Baytown yesterday for those on this side of Houston who aren't going to the Challenge.  GC5N9JY

CANINE QUEEN    97

Wow! Judging by the number of event for Pi Day all over the world nobody seems to care if it doesn't apply to their particular date format!

• Like 1

Dhaulaghiri    269

Wow! Judging by the number of event for Pi Day all over the world nobody seems to care if it doesn't apply to their particular date format!

Hey, free souvenirs, that's all most care about anyway! (Yeah, and to hell with that crazy Dutchguy rambling about date formats!!)

• Like 1

GASTX    388

I guess for the other countries they could call it IP day? Oh wait do the other countries denote IP addresses in some other order?

Might be why when i try to go to the Dutch version of yahoo i get a redlight district site. :)

• Like 1

Dhaulaghiri    269

Might be why when i try to go to the Dutch version of yahoo i get a redlight district site. :)

You would love that, wouldn't you?!? :devil:

• Like 1

Baytown Bert    1,117

fish_zps1zl8sz4o.jpg

My first puzzle cache.  This is so people can get the souvy when attending the Pi event in Baytown.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Just thinking of getting my beer in a liter glass instead of a pint.  The size works, but the phraseology doesn't.     :cheers:

The funny thing is a lot of the metric using countries still serve beer in pints. :peace:

TheNorman    132

Just thinking of getting my beer in a liter glass instead of a pint.  The size works, but the phraseology doesn't.     :cheers:

The funny thing is a lot of the metric using countries still serve beer in pints. :peace:

Let's also keep in mind that a pint is about half a liter (about 475 milliliters).  The "logical" metric size is 500 mL, so they would serve you more using the metric size. :cheers:

GASTX    388

I agree but as mentioned already the phraseology dont work

Hoist a liter just doesnt have the same ring as hoist a pint. Bus sell me a liter anyway, hell make mine a 2 liter. Lol

• Like 1

Having fun with PR.      "

Cache Control

prem_user.gifPremium Member

0213d4e3-a26c-4886-a0dc-9c2a79ab3b41.jpg

found.png1474

18.png Post Reviewer Note
03/01/2015

Ok per your request I have changed the difficulty rating from a 1.5 to a 1 which I do not agree with since it will be a crowded area and new cachers will not know for sure who we are. As far as naming where it is I am following the rules set forth in Geocaching.com " It contains the name of a business or commercial product. Examples include: "Check out Mac's Beef house nearby, my favorite local BBQ spot!". There for I have chose not to list the name. Please inform me if I need to change anything else. Thank you Cache Control.

Prime Reviewer

icon_admin.gifReviewer

a34b9f04-75b6-4542-b5b5-36f4e53e1539.jpg

22.png Temporarily Disable Listing
02/28/2015

This appears to be inside a mall. You might want to name the location. Also, why is the Difficulty > 1?