hafgar

BlockParty 2015

I've always wanted to attend and it seems that this year will be my last chance.

So who's going? 

How can i afford to go?

Yeah, I saw that this will be the last year for it.  I wonder if they will come up with something to replace it?  I only went one time but had a lot of fun.  I have a foolproof way to save money on transportation, but you have to start walking now...

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about this... I have gone the last two years and had more fun than either of the two geowoodstocks that I went to.  But three in a row seemed much so I was going to pass on it this year... but it is the last one and sure to be bigger and better than ever.

On the other hand, the lab caches seem to be the same as they were last year.  They were great, but I hope they mix it up a bit.... probably just don't have the details yet and needed to release something.

I do hope the replace it with something fun.... If I know groundspeak, they will probably offer a Premium Block Party for a $30 ticket.  

• Like 1

It probably costs them some coin to put it on and you have to wonder what their return on investment is.  Sure, they sell some T-shirts and coins, but they're not really generating a lot of new business or growing market share.  99% of the people that show up are long-term dedicated geocachers anyway (and Groundspeak already owns 99% of the geocaching market).

Edited by HoustonControl

They might suddenly wake up and realize the City (or surrounding cities) will host the building for free to encourage people to come and spend money there.

Yes.  I saw lots of kids there.  In 2013, one of the series of lab caches involved touring 5 different micro-breweries in the area, so you might want to skip that part with Noah.

(and I'm referring to the real Block party in Seattle, not Bert's version in Baytown) :laugh:

That's just plain mean, HC.  The legal drinking age in Washington is 4 years old.  :angel:

Sure wasn't when I was growing up there.  One of the most deadly stretches of road in the country was the Pullman-Moscow highway because Washington State University students who weren't yet 21 would drive to Moscow Idaho where the drinking age was 18, and then attempt to drive back.   :

I hit that sweet spot growing up... when the drinking age was 18 but just after the Vietnam war ended and the mandatory draft had been abolished.  Win - win!  :cheers:

I hit that sweet spot growing up... when the drinking age was 18 but just after the Vietnam war ended and the mandatory draft had been abolished.  Win - win!  :cheers:

I was just the opposite. The year I was turning 14 (in December) the age to get a driver's license went from 14 to 16. The year I was turning 18 the drinking age went from 18 to 21!!! I was seriously pissed in both instances!!

That's just plain mean, HC.  The legal drinking age in Washington is 4 years old.  :angel:

The legal dope smoking age in Washington isn't much higher.

_jeff

• Like 1

We are going to Block Party this year who all is going from the area?

I'm still debating.  I have hotel reservations but haven't booked a flight yet.

It's only a 2,300 mile drive.... who needs flying  :stirpot:

• Like 1

It's only a 2,300 mile drive.... who needs flying  :stirpot:

I have done that drive

We (I) was holding out hope for a remote chance to get to go this year, especially since it's the last one. That chance went by the wayside with two new construction projects that we have landed that are just now breaking ground in San Antonio, another that we think we have landed, and a fourth that bids in mid-August. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in San Antonio for the next few months. Would have been a fun time for sure.