Sign in to follow this  
ggmorton

Bogus TB Discovery Logs

PARKERPLUS    35

Sorry, I forgot about the Houston area cachers that are on that list.  I will ask ECORANGERS to remove their discoveries of Houston cachers.

Baytown Bert    1,117

ecorangers of GA are armchair TB logging this week.  I got hits dated March 31, 2014 for geocoinfest for some of mine... he didn't attend geocoinfest 2014 in Houston, so he's got a list.  i'd really like to have my tattoo and items off the circulating lists.  any ideas how?

I would place a note on your human trackable page that if you did not see it in person, to not log it or risk deletion.  All the others ones?  Meh...  I used to get my knickers in a wad over it, but the game is set up on personal integrity and I can't police the whole geocaching community.

green-eyed    175

ecorangers of GA are armchair TB logging this week.  I got hits dated March 31, 2014 for geocoinfest for some of mine... he didn't attend geocoinfest 2014 in Houston, so he's got a list.  i'd really like to have my tattoo and items off the circulating lists.  any ideas how?

I would place a note on your human trackable page that if you did not see it in person, to not log it or risk deletion.  All the others ones?  Meh...  I used to get my knickers in a wad over it, but the game is set up on personal integrity and I can't police the whole geocaching community.

already done when I first had the icon changed over.  I know it's a game, but since my ankle isn't seen by everyone, I do know who sees it in person and when something is bogus.  that's the one I remove most.  when someone logs as seen at a specific and large event, but didn't attend and even logs it for a date 7 months prior to that event, it's not hard to figure out they didn't see the item.  it just irritates the snot out of me that people cheat.  if someone heard I had it and asked me if they could have the number, I'd share.

Team Four Paw    358

already done when I first had the icon changed over.  I know it's a game, but since my ankle isn't seen by everyone, I do know who sees it in person and when something is bogus.  that's the one I remove most.  when someone logs as seen at a specific and large event, but didn't attend and even logs it for a date 7 months prior to that event, it's not hard to figure out they didn't see the item.  it just irritates the snot out of me that people cheat.  if someone heard I had it and asked me if they could have the number, I'd share.

I say make a prosthetic leg replica with said tattoo. Then hunt these people down and flog them repeatedly while yelling "flog this you little (insert your favorite obscenity) !!!!"

• Like 2

JuleeD    42

After coinfest, my tattoo ended up on someone's list...I had a lot of people logging it from all over the country. Not remembering meeting them, I emailed each one and asked where we had met. My tattoo page has a statement about having to meet you in person before you can log my tattoo.

A few of them were straight up with "I got it off a list". I emailed them to let them know I was going to delete their discovery, which I did. One of them claimed it AGAIN a couple of weeks ago. Good try, dude.

As for my other TB's, I don't really care if anyone claims them from a list.

• Like 1

cachestacker    735

The thing is with project-gc.com and GSAK and who knows what other tools, it's highly likely they never even saw your TB page when they logged a discovery.  Not that they would have cared....

• Like 1