Team Four Paw

Team Captain for Texas Challenge 2015 - just a few months away!

Team Four Paw    358

Keely and I will not be attending this upcoming Texas Challenge in Lubbock.

This means JustKeely will not be reprising her role as Team Captain and Team Four Paw will not be participating in the Tech crew.

The only way we could get out of these roles was timing the birth of our child around the same time as Texas Challenge.  :angel:

As far as I can tell no discussions or person has stepped forward to pick up these roles. I'm suggesting this be done sooner rather than later.

I will be happy to setup the private board as I have done in the past.

Just food for thought.

• Like 3

amberita13    186

Ok, well, if the criteria for a team captain is someone who has been to a ton of challenges...who would that be? :stirpot:

(just getting this ball rolling 'cause I've never attended one)

CANINE QUEEN    97

My last attempt as Captain earned us FTF (First to FOURTH). I would really love for someone to step up, but I am volunteering to assist in anyway needed.

If you mean Mineral Wells, there was some serious "rules infringement" going on at that one!!!

JustKeely    91

LOL when isn't there?  Last year was the absolute WORST for "rules infringement"!  

If anyone has ties with the SETX Gang, maybe we should ask them if anybody from their group wants to be captain this year.

• Like 1

JustKeely    91

It really depends on how the group or Captain wants to do things, but basically the captain would be responsible for sharing the information from the local planning committee and TXGA with the members of their team.  This means making sure everyone knows the rules, etc.  They will be the point of contact and also be responsible for getting the waypoints to everyone's GPS units/phones etc.

Also, they should help organize the tech crew/headquarters group to make a plan for getting the waypoints distributed in the most efficient manner, engage some puzzle help, potentially work up some kind of strategy or inspiration, organize team colors/shirts or whatever, plan meetings ahead of the Challenge to discuss what to expect, etc.  These aren't mandatory responsibilities, and it depends on what the goal of the team and the captain are how much effort might go into these things.  

Mr Muddy Buddy    223

Bert, with last year being your first Texas Challenge, you got hooked up with an excellent hunting squad, that played the game honestly and non-stop until seconds before the time limit.  I was thrilled to be a squad member with you, and I can hold my head up proudly and proclaim that we played with integrity.

If you accept the challenge of becoming the team captain, I would expect you to demand that integrity in the game is more important than winning.  

• Like 4

Bert, it is just like you to not fully understand the election process. The first motion must be voted on before we can entertain your motion. So.... You gonna get elected whether or not.

GASTX    388

Bert, it is just like you to not fully understand the election process. The first motion must be voted on before we can entertain your motion. So.... You gonna get elected whether or not.

Not if we use "reconciliation" That appears to trump anything. :)

The holidays are over and I am putting my Texas Challenge Itinerary together.  Is there anyone who is interested in being Southeast Captain in Lubbock.  Anyone? Anyone?  ANYONE? ????

Some great candidates come to mind:

Kianlo

Sugarlandians

TeamCull

Houston Control

Mud Frog

Nov64

MOS74

Key Results

Rich and Lola

Kirbydox

Come on folks, this will be the first time in 4+ years that I can actually participate instead of playing management, so I really would like us to field a team.

Edited by Texas Dreamweaver
  • Like 1

TravelingGeek    140

Come on folks, this will be the first time in 4+ years that I can actually participate instead of playing management, so I really would like us to field a team.

I nominate Texas Dreamweaver as Team Captain.

Does anyone second that nomination?

Anyone? Anyone?  ANYONE?  ????

TravelingGeek    140

OK, ya'll know I talk a good game... and yet again, I will be out of town for the Challenge this year.

I will not be able to be onsite as part of the tech team, but I am willing help in advance.... but  we need someone else to take charge of tech since neither Jason or I will be at the challenge. 

Then again, since we don't have a captain, I'm not even sure we're fielding a team.

OK, ya'll know I talk a good game... and yet again, I will be out of town for the Challenge this year.

I will not be able to be onsite as part of the tech team, but I am willing help in advance.... but  we need someone else to take charge of tech since neither Jason or I will be at the challenge. 

Then again, since we don't have a captain, I'm not even sure we're fielding a team.

Okaya let's start there..... are we fielding a team?  WHO plans on attending the Texas Challenge in Lubbock on Saturday March 14, 2015?