Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HoustonControl

Wherigo Builder

19 posts in this topic

I came across THIS today while surfing the interwebs.  Looks like it might take a lot of the pain out of building a simple Wherigo cartridge.  And Rangerfox is the end-all, be-all expert on WiG.

2 people like this

Looks interesting... Let's see when the first one pops up in the Houston area.

Downloaded the cartridge!

Was down in that area, around noon, and after a bit of shopping for a new embroidery machine headed over to save the chicken.

Had a plan of action and luckily it was right. Took less than 15 minutes to complete

Cartridge ran perfectly but could not get the 'save' file to upload.

Neat WIG. Kudos to the CO

Was down in that area, around noon, and after a bit of shopping for a new embroidery machine headed over to save the chicken.

Had a plan of action and luckily it was right. Took less than 15 minutes to complete

Cartridge ran perfectly but could not get the 'save' file to upload.

Neat WIG. Kudos to the CO

What device did you use?  Were you trying to upload the save file or just enter the completion code?  If the cart worked as designed, there should be a completion code in your inventory when you're done.

I have the completion code, computer does not want to accept it.

Will try again

It should be a 16 digit code.  Sometimes certain Garmins only show the first 15 digits for some reason..

Worked great on the iPhone 5S and Oregon 450, both showing the full code in the inventory when done.  Fun Wherigo.

I have the completion code, computer does not want to accept it.

Will try again

The last Whereigo I completed the website did not want to accept my code and so I deleted the last 3 digits and it worked...

Logged onto tablet and WIG accepted the code - no problem.

Have had computer issues for several days. As of this morning I get an error message and can not get onto GC with my laptop.  

Edited by Rambetta

Bring that laptop by the house (and power cord)

That's what I used to create my Philip Johnson WhereIGo. It's extremely easy to use. I only had a few snags along the way.

The major issues still lie with the WhereIgo website and the fact that GC hasn't done any development on that site since Windows Vista.

2 people like this

Just built one this weekend.   Went out in the rain with Mudfrog for him to try it out before I publish it.    He used my Oregon 550 and had no problem but one.   I used my Ipad mini with out the built in GPS but I did have the bad elf plugged into it   Had a little lag on the zones but it worked good.  I like this builder so far.

My Philip Johnson whereigo was created with the kit as well. Super easy. So easy, everyone can create them. So get busy! I need more whereigo smilies.

One of the challenge caches at the Texas Challenge was a Wherigo.  It was the reverse cache type.

Using RangerFox's builder.  Pretty easy to navigate and create the WIG, but can't seem to download, publish, or otherwise use the emulator.  It seems pretty straightforward to do it, but not working.  Any words of wisdom?

In case you were wondering...

I contacted Ranger Fox on the GC.com forums.  He fixed the issue - which was that I didn't assign unique zone names.  He updated the code to allow this now, but I've also changed the zone names to be unique.