Sign in to follow this  
Texas Bandits

The "Walk" series finally finished

Well, after 9 months, I’ve finally finished up the “Walk” series in downtown Houston back in late July.  Actually 6 years if you count “A Walk in Space” which I grandfathered in. I would have finished it quicker but I had to deal with various interruptions/travel/weather and procrastination.  8)   However, as a reward for completing all 3 caches, I’m handing out collectable (souvenir) geocoins, which were finally delivering last week!  I know 3 caches isn't much of a series but there are 34 stops altogether, so you'll definitely earn this.

Below are pictures of the final art work and the actual coin. For the front side, I tried to address the Apollo and Shuttle missions without it being too busy. And on the back side, I went with the Nichols-Rice-Cherry House, which was the first historic structure moved into Sam Houston Park, which is where “A Walk Through Houston’s History – Part 1” and “A Walk Through Houston’s History – Part 2” are located.

temp1_zpsc03033b4.jpg

Although the first 5 coins have been spoken for by those brave cachers who endured the summer heat of Houston, there are plenty more left! So come enjoy the caches and get a geocoin too! O0

• Like 4

Dhaulaghiri    269

Thanks again, Jim!

First of all of course, for putting the series out there. After moving to Houston in the fall of 2012 I picked up a walk in Space first. After failing to get FTF on 'A walk through Houston History pt. I' due to work I was determined to get FTF on part II! I indeed had to brave the Houston summer heat to get it, but it was well worth it, as is the beautiful coin you designed for the occasion.

And to all you Houston slackers out there: Multi-caches are FUN! Y'all ought to do more of them, instead of PnG-ing ;)

Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

~windknot~    47

Looks like fun. I'll have to give these a go. I did a similar multi once while visiting another city and thought it was a great way to learn about the place.