KeyResults

Garmin 3-axis Compass Hints and Tips

Thanks Hans. Actually, as with most of us, a career stop! Pretty boring stuff. In this case it was development of embedded systems machine vision technology for some military and transportation focused applications that depended fairly heavily on "location awareness" among other things.

But seriously, much of the Garmin specific stuff was just dealing with frustration by studying the technology they used inside their units published by the manufacturers of the chip sets.

If I had a nickel for every time I developed embedded systems machine vision technology for some military and transportation focused applications that depended fairly heavily on "location awareness" among other things......

Me too! Wait... did you say embedded? Nevermind. The one's I developed were not the embedded kind.

Do you hav the latest software updates installed. Seems like I remember an issue with some of the 62's and the compass.

What do you do when it won't calibrate?  I tried three times on my 62s and it fails every time?

Don't try to calibrate while sitting in the car... or around anything that could cause magnetic interference.

What? I have to go outside?

Now that I think about it - the JEEP (which is a big chick magnet) was a mere three or four feet away.

• Like 2

Yeah, both KeyResults and I had issues calibrating our 62's recently.  Took many tries, but it finally worked.

• Like 1