Baytown Bert

BBQBob2 Clementi - RIP

36 posts in this topic

I liked Bob.  I first meet him near Johnny Cache on our way to or from the Hot Sauce festival a few years ago.  We've gone to that every year since and have conspired with Bob to have cache events in the parking lot during the festival.   I will miss his urging to try the crawfish sausage vendor among other things when we go again this year.

I know he was a great guy but I wish I had gotten to know him better... reading his obit, I realized we had a lot of things and places in common.   He will be missed.

Baytown Bert likes this

Contact me if you'd like to contribute to flowers or a donation to a charity from the Houston Geocaching community.

Put me down for $20, ZHR

Me too.

I'll talk to Pat about which charity to donate to.  I think that Bob would have approved of donating to charity instead of flowers.  I have had a few donations, but haven't made any decisions yet.

In my talks with Bob, I'm thinking a donation to the St. Clare's library would be a good idea, since Pat works there.  Maybe designated for a Geocaching book?   

BBQBOB02-obit_zpsbc5776cf.jpg

This was my first Catholic funeral and the edifice was beautiful.  Bob got a great send-off and I was glad Zoothornrollo was there with Greeneyed and I as he knew the ropes to perfection.  I pretty much just winged it silently.

Edited by Baytown Bert
green-eyed, ATMA and GASTX like this

I am happy to see the photo of Bob with the kayak. His interest in boating was high and he would have liked that being there.

Okay, what can we do about adopting out Bob's caches, seeing some of them are getting Needs Maint logs.

I would be interested if any are reasonably close to NE houston / Humble.

julee has already offered in conversation with me to adopt his caches since they're mostly in seabrook and a few around clear lake.  I know she started replacing/maintaining a few of the caches back in august and has them on a watch list for that purpose. 

looked over his caches.  most seem like they just need a owner maintenance log to clear the NM posts. 

Edited by green-eyed
GASTX and Baytown Bert like this