davarle

GSAK problem

davarle    63

I just got the Surface Pro 3 computer, and have moved GSAK onto it.  When I am logging a cache, and am ready to publish, I am highlighting it and pressing "Publish selected".  It says "Macro File does not exist, error 309", and nothing happens.

Any ideas to make it work like on my old computer?

Mr Muddy Buddy    223

Just a guess here:

I suspect if you restored your database(s) from the old system onto the new, then all of the filepaths are now changed.  

It may be too late, but you should restore without the macros, then re-intall the macros letting the filepath be corrected.

davarle    63

Just a guess here:

I suspect if you restored your database(s) from the old system onto the new, then all of the filepaths are now changed.  

It may be too late, but you should restore without the macros, then re-intall the macros letting the filepath be corrected.

I didn't think that the process of publishing the cache required a downloadable macro. Is there a specific one that would need to be re-installed or I'd have to do all of them?

davarle    63

I went to publish logs- settings, and found that I have a macro called, "Move finds" that moves all of my finds into my find database.  It had the wrong file location.  I changed the location and now it works.  Thanks.

davarle    63

I really like it a lot.  It takes some getting used to, but I think that would happen with any new computer.  I like being able to use the touch screen, mouse or mouse pen, depending on what I am doing.  I also like that I can use the pen on the screen and it converts it to text.  There is speech recognition, but there are so many commands that I don't know if I will use it.

I can use it as a tablet if I want, and the battery lasts 9 hours. 

Hey, do I sound like a commercial? 

• Like 1

KeyResults    604

Arlene, I believe you've just published your first tech review! I suspect a review from you will trump most techies in the eyes of many too :)

• Like 1

davarle    63

Arlene, I believe you've just published your first tech review! I suspect a review from you will trump most techies in the eyes of many too :)

Thanks! :pcr:  

heftydude    132

I bought one yesterday. It'll take me some time to set it up my way but GSAK is already on it!!! That's worth the price right there.

• Like 1