Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tab

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just bought one. Wondering what people's input on the best setup for caching on this thing would be?

Posted · Report post

Lol. I do use a real gps. Im not a dedicated tablet or phone cacher. Just wondering for setting up like gpx files or something where I can have a bunch of caches loaded for an area on it for when I don't have phone service. I use a yellow Garmin etrex so I can't load caches to that

Posted · Report post

C: Geo

Right, android users?

I agree with Larry.

TravelingGeek likes this

Posted · Report post

Alrighty. Ill get c; geo put on it and sse if I can play around with it and figure it out. Just trying to get back to paperless caching without purchasing another 62s. Im back on my yellow etrex now because my 62s got stolen a while back

Posted · Report post

Maybe if someone could give me some cgeo tricks or something. Im almost positive I remember a thread about it I just dont recall where

Posted · Report post

We don't do it often but the last time we did, all that is needed for a query is to drop a GPX file into the root directory of the device. When we do that, C:geo picks up on it and you can then select it to run.

Posted · Report post

C: Geo

Right, android users?

+2 C:geo is good stuff

I keep extra GPX files on my phone and use a USB OTG cable to install them on my Oregon or Montana GPS'r If I am going to visit to many areas on a trip that the GPS wont carry all of the caches I might run into on a long trip.

Posted · Report post

I just busted the screen on my 7" Android tablet, but i was using it as an in car navigation screen.  It worked great.   oh, and c:geo 'da bomb.

ATMA likes this

Posted · Report post

Cachesense was what I preferred when on a droid. C:ego didn't work the way I think. I didn't want to think differently so I got a different app.