Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ipad question

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am wondering if any one has figured out how to load an offline  gpx file to groundspeaks app on the ipad.

Posted · Report post

Is it not the same as the iPhone?  Syd just had her iPad re-set by the geniuses so she doesn't have it on there now or I'd steal it and look.

Posted · Report post

You can load a pocket query to the official Groundspeak app, but not an offline GPX file.  You would need to use an app like Geosphere to do this.

Cache Control likes this

Posted · Report post

Aaah.  I see what you mean.  What HC said.  Geosphere has a learning curve for non techy people but it's a powerful app that does far more than the Groundspeak app does.  Really worth checking out, too.

Cache Control likes this

Posted · Report post

Guess I will have to try it out and see if Bad Elf will work with it.  Thanks Larry.

Posted · Report post

Aaah. I see what you mean. What HC said. Geosphere has a learning curve for non techy people but it's a powerful app that does far more than the Groundspeak app does. Really worth checking out, too.

+1

Love geosphere.

2katz likes this

Posted · Report post

I did use my new " BAD ELF" worked great on my iPad mini that only has wifi. Had me within 10 feet of a lot of the caches I just did. Using the app L4C pro also was not to bad.