Jeep Brute - Baytown Bert Retirement gift suggestion

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That's similar to what he already has.  If you REALLY want to upgrade him, get him a Toyota!  :2funny:

Sure Larry get him an old one then he has a vehicle to practice his rescues on. I mean that is all they are good for.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

A guy ( who owned one of those Harley looking Hondas ) once told me that if I were to ever ride in a pack of Harleys to make sure I was at the front. If you ride in the back you likely to get hit by some part that's falling off some Harley. I reckon that's a lot like wheeling with Jeep folk. I don't know for sure though cause every time we had a Jeep tag along with us Toyo folks they ran out of gas before we got anywhere interesting. ;)

Posted · Report post

You ever wondered what Jeep folk mean when they say they went topless... ?

I think I found the answer...

Posted (edited) · Report post

They tried to pull it from the top?  Idiots and fools.  :uglystupid2:  Basically, there are 4 off-road 4X4 vehicles being made around the world and all 4 know how to do it.  Chrysler, Toyota, Mercedes, and Land Rovers.  If you want to throw Hummers (civilian) in there okay.  Out of the box and unmodified, they are all very off-road worthy.  Posting videos on non-similar vehicles doesn't show a superiority of one over the other.  Line them all up in each category and have them run similar tests and I imagine they would all do equally well.  I'm a Jeep guy though and I've pulled my share of other makes out, as well as other Jeeps.  I've been pulled out exactly twice.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

Bert, I just enjoy giving you a hard time. ☺

I actually like jeeps. I just can't afford to drive one.

One time on North  Padre island, 5 Jeeps tried to pull out a Chevy 4X4 3/4 ton.  I went back to camp and summoned an H1 Hummer.  The guy never revved his motor or spun a tire and drug that heavy truck out like he was leaving a parking lot.

http://youtu.be/Gh9sMxVVVpw

Edited by Baytown Bert

Well, I know what I'd buy...go Unimog!!!

Maybe until you see the price tag. Over $100,000. I noticed a lot of rich elderly women drive Land Rovers. I am not sure why. Are they bulletproof?

Edited by SockPuppet

Posted · Report post

(Read status) Expensive Soccer Mom SUV's, nothing more.  99% will never leave the pavement.  I remember the Defender 90's costing about $15,000 more than a Jeep TJ and for about $3000 worth of upgrades, the Jeep would out-perform them on the trail.  Land Rover's claim to fame besides being excellent off-road is their durability and availability of parts around the world, whereas Jeeps mainly are here in the USA.

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Most guys in my profession go out and buy a "retirement truck", but I am driving exactly what I want, so instead, I am going to remove my 2.5 inch Teraflex Budget Boost and install a Rock Crawler 3.5 inch real lift w/Bilstein 5100 shocks.  That's about $2200 to gain one inch.  LOL  What a putz!

ohl hockey guy likes this

Posted · Report post

Here is a nice little scenic drive just outside Dead Horse State Park in Utah.

Posted · Report post

I rented a Jeep while we were in Hawaii last week.  It took a while to figure out that that the power window switches were on the dash just so I could leave the rental car property.  Even after a week, I never did get used to that.

Posted · Report post

I rented a Jeep while we were in Hawaii last week. It took a while to figure out that that the power window switches were on the dash just so I could leave the rental car property. Even after a week, I never did get used to that.

Doors, like soft tops are only used when it rains. Otherwise they have no business on a jeep. Grin

ohl hockey guy likes this

Posted · Report post

I thought doors and tops were for garage decorations.

could be worse.... could be like my neighbor's jeep...

#

Edited by green-eyed