Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kayak 101 in Baytown June 7th

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

June 7, 2014

Baytown Nature Center - Nurture Nature Series 10am-Noon - Kayaking

Program is free with regular $3 per person admission.  All topics are family friendly and hands-on.  Bring the family for a fun, educational morning; then stay to picnic, hike, fish, or just relax.

Posted · Report post

I probably won't be there. Wish I could though

Posted · Report post

That poor horse is so tired of being beaten. The yak is as long as the big gator along Horsepen by UH Clear Lake, all of 12 by my scared estimate

Posted · Report post

I thought the horse was beaten completely to death and should've been buried long ago, but others kept giving it mouth-to-mouth and bringing it back to life because they needed something to give me crap about. So, I thought I'd go ahead and get it out of the way before someone else threw it out there.  :)

GASTX likes this

Posted · Report post

The Baytown Sun announced today the city has been gifted 11 acres on the side of Cedar Bayou and they'll turn it into a park a a possible kayak launching site!

The Parks and Recreation Advisory board announced Wednesday afternoon that they will be acquiring 11 acres of land located on Cedar Bayou. 

The land was donated from a Baytown resident that the Parks department wants to keep anonymous until the acquisition of the land is finalized by City Council. 

The land is approximately 5-6 feet high and has a small lake within it. 

The Parks department says the land is great for fishing and could eventually be the site for a kayak launch station. 

The land will be on the agenda for the June 26 city council meeting where they hope to finalize the deal.

2katz likes this