Sign in to follow this  
JustKeely

We Rock! Challenge Score Information

Keep in mind these scores are after the the disqualification of caches that were confirmed missing or otherwise.

Either way folks in squads should have had near identical scores. The spread with the squads is baffling.

I will say that scoring for the next challenge is already being discussed and that this years fiasco "should" not reflect on next years challenge. With that said West Texas really set the bar high for a well organized and smoothly run challenge the first and last time they hosted.

I agree.  The event in San Angelo was really well run.  That's what happens when you get a bunch of current and ex-military people involved.  Hoo-rah!

I'll probably always try to be involved in the competition part of the challenge, either as a hider, a searcher, or a volunteer.  I love games and competitions of all kinds and when you factor in that it involves my other most favorite activity, it's a win-win for me.  I'll try to grouse and bitch a bit less and direct my efforts towards improving the Challenge in the future.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting! Great job team!

All I can say is, man I wish we did those damned activities...10pts each! Wow. We may have left a 100 pts on the table? Man, we worked too hard...for our reward ;)

I'm glad to have another urban Challenge under the belt. It's so very different than 2011 or 2012 trees and trails. I learned a couple valuable lessons for the next Challenge, which promises to be pretty darned urban from what I've heard. 

Keely, FWIW:  I had our score at 289 all around, plus ftf chicken added to CornDoll. I couldn't recall what ftf was worth. So, the reported final is a wee bit suspect.

Anyway, it would be nice to get the scoring situation worked out in coming challenges. I know it's a booger.

I see smartphones being the answer soon. And, I can't wait to get to electronic paperless scoring! Should foil cheating, and make the scoring near real-time.

Thanks for posting! Great job team!

All I can say is, man I wish we did those damned activities...10pts each! Wow. We may have left a 100 pts on the table? Man, we worked too hard...for our reward ;)

Math isn't my strong point and I probably don't understand how the scoring works very well, but... we had four team members and we got four activity "caches". My math puts that at 160 points total for the team just for activity caches, which the volunteers punched for us I might add.  I'm a little surprised we scored only what we did as we found quite a few 7-8 point caches also. I wish I would have kept up with our scores better but I did not... we got 22 caches total I believe... but I don't recall what they were worth other than the activity caches.

Oh well... let go let God. We had a great time and will probably compete again (we're undecided if we will make the trek to Lubbock next year). We are new to the whole Challenge thing and we haven't yet been jaded by years of previous competitions. LOL Next time I will definitely go into it with a little more knowledge and will hopefully be able to put that knowledge to good use. My main goal with things like this is to have fun and meet people and that's the most important thing to me... in that regard, my personal score was higher than any score card could reflect! :)

My main goal with things like this is to have fun and meet people and that's the most important thing to me... in that regard, my personal score was higher than any score card could reflect!  :)

I like this attitude!  That's exactly what the challenge has evolved to for me.  

I have been aware of all of the "quirks" of the challenge for the last 10 years (this was my 10th challenge), yet I still like to compete on a personal level, and to have a good time with my group.

My partners this year were the best, (since the last set of partners)

A shout out for BaytownBert, GGMorton, Rich, and HoustonControl, who put up with me and Mrs MB for 4 hours!  

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy
  • Like 1

How about this format. Random Teams made of with individuals from different regions. Have a Top 3 Team awards and then use a formula for the region calculations to determine the regional winner.

We tried to give the benefit of the doubt while scoring.  I can't imagine any universe where my scorecard should be worth half of what I really scored for the challenge.

Larry, if it's any consolation, they scored me almost 100 points less than my wife, and we were together the entire time, found all the same caches, etc. The only difference was that she had an FTF (which totally rocked), and that was a 5-point difference. At the end of the day, who knows what SETX (or any team) really scored in relation to the others. We might have actually been in first place....or last place. We just won't ever know. It's actually kind of funny to me now...