Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GPS or Smartphone?

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks Team, it did indeed. I had seen that page, but it slipped my mind. Took a while, but I finally got it figgered out.

(Part of what I figured out was to the add lexicon pages to my 'geocaching' Favorites folder - that oughta make things a little easier in the future.)

Edited by pogo9959

Posted · Report post

You can also post field notes from the smartphone for later converting to "real" logs, but it tends to jack with the uploading of field notes from the GPSr.  The times are usually different because one uses GMT instead of local time or some such thing -- so the order of the finds is off.  The other thing is, if you don't completely delete the "geocache visits.txt" file from your GPSr after the previous outing and you upload it with the box check on the upload page that says "ignore logs before <date> <time>" checked (so you don't repost all the field notes from your last outing... or 6), the date and time in that box will be when you posted the field note from your phone.  You may only end up getting a few of your field notes from the GPSr file.

You can always open the "geocaching visits.txt" file in notepad, edit it to only include the logs you want, then save and upload it to GC.com.  Kind of a pain, but I've had to do it more than once.