Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Location for a GeoSoftball event

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since I've started playing fast pitch Softball recently I though it would be fun to host an GeoEvent honoring America's favorite pastime (and playing some ball while getting a smiley!)

I haven't been able to locate a field to host the event yet, anyone have a suggestion?

Preferably just in/outside 610 but inside BW8 for sure.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

All the ones I know of that are actually maintained to any degree are not public access. 

My brother-in-law just started playing softball at the Field of Dreams place in League City.  Very cool, and from what I understand they have restaurants and bar on premises.  But I think he has a work league there and not just a once in a while thing.  Very cool setup, though.  But outside BW-8.  Might be worth the extra distance if you could get it for a single use date, though.  http://www.bigleaguedreams.com/contact/league-city-tx

I'll have Sydney ask her coach next practice and see if she can come up with any ideas.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Amberita & Cachestacker!

The link you've sent me Amberita unfortunately leads to a paid reservation @ $25.00/hr which I consider to be way too much for an event.

I might give yours a try Kevin, but I'm willing to hear other alternatives!

Posted · Report post

depending on the place i know a couple of parks...are you interested in slow pitch or fast pitch... me and my wife play slow pitch