Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What I've learned...Austin Edition

2 posts in this topic

So this weekend I was out with my muggle friend to the Hill Country for a 10K race &...a lot of experiences on a whim.

I had to at least get my one cache of the day, but it seemed every where we traveled there was a lot of "Monkey" caches.

Are Austin-ites crazy Monkey Cachers? Or am I just coincidentally judging?  :angel:

On Saturday we spent 2 hours kayaking on the Colorado river, where I learned:

• I should be very thankful for the caches along Houston-area waterways, none near 2 frequently-rented kayak-locations on that river were caches that were kayak-only. Every cache meant getting off your kayak & all caches could be technically walked to...
  • I should be thankful for a SERIES along our waterways. There were a total of 4 in a approx 3-5 mile length, & 2 were climbing caches...where one I disembarked my kayak, but then quickly did not want to see a fall on rocks below anytime I did not attempt further..

So really, I'm sharing this story because I want to Thank You, Waterway Geocache Makers!

Since I was with a friend, who it was her first time kayaking & is intrigued by geocaching, finding a cache every 0.1 would really be fun for her...but luckily she was just as happy watching dogs swim for their tennis balls  :D

For those who want an "achievable" climb, check out Cheeky Monkey,(although I didn't find it, see picture for example).

(In my defense, I was winding down my caching results to something large enough for my TB's too...)

cachestacker and Jhawk! like this

How cool to see you were in Austin this weekend too!

We stayed on dry land (mostly, LOL) and did a Monkey cache too (I just can't resist climbing them!), picked up a ton of Virtuals in the Downtown Austin area, and as a cherry on the cake we managed to find the Necropolis of Brittannia Manor III, arguably the coolest cache ever.

(Although I have to admit, my brother just sent me a message saying he found a cache with coordinates: N 50 00.000 E 005 00.000, which is also pretty cool!)

green-eyed likes this