Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team Four Paw

Geocaching.com Lab Cache Survery for the Texas Challenge 2014

21 posts in this topic

The lakey is looking for some feedback regarding the Lab Caches placed for the Texas Challenge.

If you attended the Challenge and participated in finding the Lab Caches please fill out this survey.

If you did not please pass on the survey.

https://podio.com/webforms/7569062/573929

Concerning the lackey, why is/was she called this?  She responded to the term, so I assume it's not meant disrespectfully.  BTW, I know what a lackey is.  (I took the survey)

Concerning the lackey, why is/was she called this?  She responded to the term, so I assume it's not meant disrespectfully.  BTW, I know what a lackey is.  (I took the survey)

Groundspeak refers to everyone who works there as Lackeys. It's a term of endearment. Gosh, as our new TXGA rep, we've got to get you up on the lingo Bert!
4 people like this

Well, it's in the Wiki and the Help Center!

I am sensing a bloodless coup by HC to take over TXGA. :stirpot:

The dark horse candidate...

I realized shortly after I was elected that I am not only blatantly ignorant, but blindly unprepared.  In other words, I am a complete success.  :laugh:

1 person likes this

I realized shortly after I was elected that I am not only blatantly ignorant, but blindly unprepared.  In other words, I am a complete success.  :laugh:

Sounds like you're a manager to me...

1 person likes this

The Peter Principle at work!  :2funny:

2 people like this

The lakey is looking for some feedback regarding the Lab Caches placed for the Texas Challenge.

If you attended the Challenge and participated in finding the Lab Caches please fill out this survey.

Back on topic, I posted this response:

Take it or leave it.  Frankly it was rather difficult to find the right web page and select and navigate on a smart phone web browser.  I had to go to the MEGA website and click link and then click another link and then click another link.  I don't know if they are officially supported in the official app, but the whole thing is still wonky.  For the record I use GeoSphere and GSAK and not the official iPhone app.

It most definitely is not the same Geocaching experience.  It feels separate and apart.  I really wish you would bring them back as virtuals and quit playing with them only at Megas.  The whole idea was the lab caches would be a laboratory experiment before making changes to GC.com.  Well now they are taking on a life of their own and being presented as rewards for being premium and attending mega events.  Stop it.  It has been eight months since they made their debut.  Quit playing around and do something.  Your leading question tells all:  Are you more likely to attend an event if it included Lab Caches?  That means you view them as incentive and not just a laboratory for development.  Furthermore, where is the subsequent concepts?  It is the same concept for the last eight months.

While you are at it, throw some development time and dollars at WhereIGo.  The tech has now caught up to the concept.  It is ready to be primed again.
4 people like this

Back on topic, I posted this response:

Take it or leave it.  Frankly it was rather difficult to find the right web page and select and navigate on a smart phone web browser.  I had to go to the MEGA website and click link and then click another link and then click another link.  I don't know if they are officially supported in the official app, but the whole thing is still wonky.  For the record I use GeoSphere and GSAK and not the official iPhone app.

It most definitely is not the same Geocaching experience.  It feels separate and apart.  I really wish you would bring them back as virtuals and quit playing with them only at Megas.  The whole idea was the lab caches would be a laboratory experiment before making changes to GC.com.  Well now they are taking on a life of their own and being presented as rewards for being premium and attending mega events.  Stop it.  It has been eight months since they made their debut.  Quit playing around and do something.  Your leading question tells all:  Are you more likely to attend an event if it included Lab Caches?  That means you view them as incentive and not just a laboratory for development.  Furthermore, where is the subsequent concepts?  It is the same concept for the last eight months.

While you are at it, throw some development time and dollars at WhereIGo.  The tech has now caught up to the concept.  It is ready to be primed again.

Fred, you shouldn't hold back. You should let them know how you really feel.   :)  Long live the virtual!

I made a comment about how they are counted as finds but not milestones... made numbers counting confusing.

1 person likes this

I did both what OHL & HD did.... Although I didn't word it as well as Fred did, but the message was the same:

Bring back Virtuals, and count new cache types as full, regular normal caches (not just in total finds, but also in milestones, stats, etc.) and make sure you listen to what the caching world is telling you.

You two are going to get banned from GC.com.  Clearly, you did not yet drink the Kool-Aid. 

2 people like this

I made a comment about how they are counted as finds but not milestones... made numbers counting confusing.

me too.  and like fred, I mentioned the who bring back virtuals part and stop making us go to a business where it's just posted in the window and not learning anything.  that i'd rather have a virtual where I go somewhere I didn't know about or learned something.  Or if at a business, have the code inside so we have to interact to get it.

Me too.  I stopped beating the "Bring Back VIrtuals" dead horse a few years ago...

1 person likes this

Me too.  I stopped beating the "Bring Back VIrtuals" dead horse a few years ago...

I'll beat the horse for awhile...