Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What would you rate this?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I was out on the trail geocaching today & sometimes I'll walk to the far other end & cache on the way back.

That whole 0.6...

...got my mind thinking.

So every event I go to, I hear people voice on how they want to fill in more of their T/D grid.

LogDawgs says he's specifically put some out there to address that, kudos man!, but on some days, the other side of Houston might as well be on the other side of the world. :o

So, I'd like to design a cache...multi? The dreaded "Mystery/Puzzle?!"...where to get the next/first coordinates you would have to use a code on the underside of lock-and-lock lid held with packing tape.

This code would be small items, like those designed for children to learn numbers:

il_570xN.477979515_5ue9_large.jpg?v=1382

to equal the next/final coordinates.

So using the example, it'd be:

#4 ladybug/2 + 5

#9 ladybug +10 /2 +3

They would be placed in a PNG location.

So, what would you rate that?

4D/1T?

3.5D/1.5T?

Let's talk numbers people  :blink:

(as you can see this is the beginning stages, please suggest/opinion all you want!)

For amusement purposes, my husband blurted out: That sounds like a lot of upkeep!  :lol:

Posted · Report post

Cute idea! I can't wait to find this cache.  Get to work!! 

I will watch this and post see what people say about D/T.  I have only done a few puzzles and most were 3ish.  My only thing to note is that the terrain of a 1 means must be wheelchair accessible.  If the cache is too high or too low for a person who can't get out of a wheelchair to reach it is a 1.5.  Again, my understanding of a very subjective system!

JustKeely likes this

Posted · Report post

If it's just simple math, I would rate it a difficulty of 2 or 2.5

I sort of agree about the upkeep issue.  Small items are easy to lose, or if it's too cute, they might become souvenirs to a child that might not understand the concept of a puzzle within the cache.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If it's a simple math puzzle like this, the difficulty would be super low.  If I can figure it out, almost anyone could.  The actual puzzle if it was quick to find would probably only be about a 1.5, but if it was harder to find on the container then it might bump up to 2.   I doubt that this puzzle would legitimately give anyone a hard to get D/T combination and yes it would be hard to maintain.  It might get some favorite points though for cuteness.

Edited by Muddy Buddies

Posted · Report post

Ok, then I guess placing this one out there defeats the purpose of providing a lopsided D/T.

Or...providing a Pasadena addition for BaytownBert.

Sorry you two, R5 for wanting the cuteness too; no dice :/

rozowski5 likes this

Posted · Report post

Well you could have to use a calculator like my self to do any math.  Which would make it a 5 because a special tool is required.  But then If I have to read any thing I need Bert with me so that would make it more special tools and ya can't go to a 10 since they don't have it.  Just my too scents.