Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone have an in with PR?

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have been watching & already replaced this cache:  Uncle Lumpy Takes You to Chapel.   It was a bad hide to begin with and has been replaced by several people since the CO is MIA.  Currently the cache is completely gone and someone has shoved a piece of paper in between the slats on an exposed bench.  I have asked PR to archive the cache because that isn't really a cache since there isn't any type of container.  I would like to replace the hide in a more suitable spot and with a container.  Help! 

Posted · Report post

Good luck.  We have trouble getting missing caches that no one has found for 3 years archived.  Getting a substandard cache (that people keep finding) archived may be next to impossible.

Posted · Report post

I have been watching & already replaced this cache:  Uncle Lumpy Takes You to Chapel.   It was a bad hide to begin with and has been replaced by several people since the CO is MIA.  Currently the cache is completely gone and someone has shoved a piece of paper in between the slats on an exposed bench.  I have asked PR to archive the cache because that isn't really a cache since there isn't any type of container.  I would like to replace the hide in a more suitable spot and with a container.  Help! 

Have you tried emailing the owner? They logged in on Feb 12, 2014

Posted · Report post

Some of the old timers may know Lumpy.  He was fairly well known on the caching scene back in the day.

Posted · Report post

...Well I have it out for PR if that counts... He declined my submission for an event cache.

Posted · Report post

Some of the old timers may know Lumpy.  He was fairly well known on the caching scene back in the day.

I have emailed him twice asking for the cache if he isn't going to maintain it. I used to live in the area and I have very fond memories of the Chapel there. I am invested in there being a great hide in the area - for locals and for tourists. Maybe he will let me adopt it since I have a cache on the next block.

I guess I was just venting. Plus I hope Brent will just admit he is PR and archive the cache!

Posted · Report post

I guess I was just venting. Plus I hope Brent will just admit he is PR and archive the cache!

Haaa haaa haaa !!   I don't think so!

Posted · Report post

Yes, Brent is PR..... and I am the STIG!

Pay no attention to Dhaulaghiri because I am the STIG >:D

Posted · Report post

The STIG would never drive a hybrid ;)

green-eyed and KeyResults like this

Posted · Report post

Me an PR are so tight I could publish one near by and he would archive everything within a 3 mile radius including mine before he even publish's it.

Jhawk! likes this

Posted · Report post

If by "an in" you mean "have you argued with and/or been extremely annoyed by" the PR, then yes! I have an in. ;-

Posted · Report post

Well I am not PR but I do know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and where DB Cooper hid the money. 

JuleeD and Dhaulaghiri like this

Posted · Report post

The STIG would never drive a hybrid ;)

Once upon a time I drove a 1976 2+2 Datsun 280 Z (my car) at 135 MPH.

The STIG would have loved that car >:D

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know that PR has been approving caches for a long, long time without much help. Maybe there should be a rule that after 7 years you take a sabbatical?

Edited by SockPuppet
TexasWriter, Jhawk! and amberita13 like this

Posted · Report post

I know that PR has been approving caches for a long, long time without much help. Maybe there should be a rule that after 7 years you take a sabbatical?

He (she?) has a tough, thankless job and my hat's off to him for doing it. But man can he be surly. 

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure PR (Brent) doesn't like me very much!   :angel:

I'm pretty sure you're right. Nah, just kidding....I know you're right. Lol

Posted · Report post

If you haven't already done son, put a needs archived note on the cache and put in your note why.