Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Archiving a 10 year old cache

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I would go with HoustonControl or Baytown Beet. Large has a mobile home so he can run and hide if needed. :2funny:

So, HoustonControl is living large, and Bert is now a vegetable. Geez, I've been out of the loop for a couple days, and look at all the stuff I missed!

Posted · Report post

Dang right I'm a veggie. I don't like the cold weather, but then again, I have a carpenter at my house. Gimme sunshine and heat!

Posted · Report post

Good choice!  You could wait it out, but all you need is one of the Barney Fife's to go off on a cacher, esp if they just yell and do not listen or question the cacher involved.  Not worth getting into a fighting match over.  Good job!  O0

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Face it, when a cop is tailgating you on the freeway, no matter how fast you're going, most will move over ASAP. When an agitated officer tells you to scram, most sober people oblige with little push back. Most of us cannot afford to miss after school pick-ups, or other work / personal commitments trying to offer some officer education that leads to a few hours in the penalty box  or the hoosegow! You may have been right, but that's small consolation for most, I suspect.

It's easy to say "go educate them" but IMHO this is bigger than asking a property owner if we can hide a log on their property. It's too bad we don't have an organization that is setup with expertise to deal with this kind of thing as a large part of their charter. A kind of geoCacher's Rights advocacy group. Maybe someday.

I always pull out my gun, to show them I have a CHL ! ::)

Posted · Report post

But they have DPS officers there.  At the DPS office.  You know.  With guns.  a/k/a police. 

My DPS driving officer had a gun.  I asked why she felt she needed it.  She said its use depended upon how I drove.

At least you didn't have to go back in and inform the officer they left their piece in your truck after finishing your test