Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS 2014 Spring Paddle CITO (Sun. 4/27)

108 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You know you keep doing this on a Sunday and my wife doesn't like me skipping the Lord's house to worship God almighty out in nature.

Posted · Report post

You know you keep doing this on a Sunday and my wife doesn't like me skipping the Lord's house to worship God almighty out in nature.

Worship is a state of heart, spirit, and mind...not a building...so we can do it wherever and whenever we want. Lay that one on her and see if it helps your case. :)

DangerKitties and heftydude like this

Posted · Report post

For those of us that would like to keep Sunday in church, maybe we just need to come up with our own meeting time on the water on a Saturday. 

Posted · Report post

For those of us that would like to keep Sunday in church, maybe we just need to come up with our own meeting time on the water on a Saturday. 

You can always host your own event or CITO.  On a Saturday or any other day.  People should feel free to hold events or CITOs to come do these whenever they want.  I typically hold them on Sundays because I have the least amount of interruption with Syd's softball games and other activities.  She may have practice, but I can miss that.

A lot of cachers seem to want the S CLAPS on the S end (near Clear Lake Park) - in the old series and new - probably because it has had fewer events / mashups.  I know some were scared away by the chilly 78 degrees on the MLK day CITO.  Somoene should do a Saturday CITO at CL Park.   There just was one, but I promise we did not get everything. 

JuleeD likes this

Posted · Report post

We'll see where the tide, wind, and such take us.  I was thinking Horsepen, but nothing is decided as of yet.  :)

Posted · Report post

We'll see where the tide, wind, and such take us.  I was thinking Horsepen, but nothing is decided as of yet.  :)

Lets cito Horsepen. Those gators have made a mess there )

Posted · Report post

Lets cito Horsepen. Those gators have made a mess there )

AND I haven't done the Horsepen yet, just saying ;)

Posted · Report post

Does the new rental place have tandems?  I can't remember what was posted for the night paddle.

Posted · Report post

The new place does have tandems.  They had two.  But one I would highly recommend you DO NOT rent.  Ask the Dallas folks about that one.  Maybe they have a new one!  Or maybe they are down to one.

Pinkys has tandems and the rent during the daytime.  There is the other place, but you'll have to check the night paddle thread on that as I never dealt with them.  But think someone mentioned their info in there.

Posted · Report post

Oh yeah.  Forgot about the rental problem with the tandem there. 

Posted · Report post

Oh yeah.  Forgot about the rental problem with the tandem there. 

I have great experiences with Pinky's so far, but haven't rented with them for a while and I heard rumors about new management.... But during the daytime I guess that's where I'm going to be renting! (I hope they'll still honor the '1 free-rental' I have.)

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

The new place does have tandems.  They had two.  But one I would highly recommend you DO NOT rent.  Ask the Dallas folks about that one.  Maybe they have a new one!  Or maybe they are down to one.

Pinkys has tandems and the rent during the daytime.  There is the other place, but you'll have to check the night paddle thread on that as I never dealt with them.  But think someone mentioned their info in there.

I saw it when it was pulled out of the water. It was only a bowling pin hole.

Posted · Report post

Oh man, hope I'm in town!!   Can't remember if we already cached that area. If so, we'll head out with everyone and detour, cleaning up another area.  (Making the assumption that my BFF will be in town)

Posted · Report post

You can always host your own event or CITO.  On a Saturday or any other day.  People should feel free to hold events or CITOs to come do these whenever they want.  I typically hold them on Sundays because I have the least amount of interruption with Syd's softball games and other activities.  She may have practice, but I can miss that.

A lot of cachers seem to want the S CLAPS on the S end (near Clear Lake Park) - in the old series and new - probably because it has had fewer events / mashups.  I know some were scared away by the chilly 78 degrees on the MLK day CITO.  Somoene should do a Saturday CITO at CL Park.   There just was one, but I promise we did not get everything. 

That's kind of what I was hinting at.  However, I don't plan to host a CLAPS event that far from home.  We like to be able to back out if the weather conditions are not good and if you are hosting, it's harder to do so.  We are still pretty much rookies when it comes to kayaks, so we like to pick our ideal conditions.  We definitely appreciate those that have hosted the events that we've gone to, but if we are going to organize something ourselves, it will probably be more of a mash-up so that we are closer to the day to watch what the weather is going to be like. 

We still haven't made it to Horsepen Bayou, and have been waiting for a group for safety reasons, but I'm not sure that I want to go during alligator mating season. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1)  We like to be able to back out if the weather conditions are not good and if you are hosting, it's harder to do so

2)  We still haven't made it to Horsepen Bayou, and have been waiting for a group for safety reasons, but I'm not sure that I want to go during alligator mating season. 

1)  Naah.  People will come.  I've never been to one after the first that didn't have veterans.  So many people have done it now you're bound to have someone who has done it show up.  Just post an announcement.  They know what to do.  TW is a perfect example of overcoming events where the COs don't show up with the event during Icepocalypse 2014.  ;)    Heck - when I ripped my calf muscle I couldn't go on my own paddle event!  Y'all even went on that event!

2)  As for the gators -- no worries.  Unless you look like one.  Otherwise, they'll be busy doing other things.

Edited by cachestacker
Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

1)  We like to be able to back out if the weather conditions are not good and if you are hosting, it's harder to do so

2)  We still haven't made it to Horsepen Bayou, and have been waiting for a group for safety reasons, but I'm not sure that I want to go during alligator mating season. 

TW is a perfect example of overcoming events where the COs don't show up with the event during Icepocalypse 2014. 

Lol. Although I'm not sure just how to take that....   Hey, I needed my event fix!