Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS 2014 Spring Paddle CITO (Sun. 4/27)

108 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Bert and i worked the area of Mud Lake south and east of the mouth of Horsepen Bayou.  In some of those wide open stretches with a lot of "fetch" (for the waves to build), we were dealing with 3' waves and higher!  I had one wave crest and wash over the side of my yak, dousing me pretty good.  We gave up on those caches and headed for more sheltered waters.

Posted · Report post

Good photo of the Osprey, HC.   ;)    I could not get my camera out quick enough before it was gone.  I wish I had taken a shot of it.

I uploaded a bunch of photos.  Those of you who have not been on the water should go look at the photos in the logs.  There are a BUNCH of photos up now.  Fun time.  Pretty area.  Thanks to all who posted them!

Here is the event:  http://coord.info/GC4XPAF

KX and I had the same idea at the same time, apparently.  Very similar shots.   I have a new screensaver, too, for work.  That way when work sucks I can let it take me to my happy place....

3ccf16a1-2f83-4f4b-ace5-824f1557a4b9.jpg

Posted · Report post

Good photo of the Osprey, HC.   ;)    I could not get my camera out quick enough before it was gone.  I wish I had taken a shot of it.

I uploaded a bunch of photos.  Those of you who have not been on the water should go look at the photos in the logs.  There are a BUNCH of photos up now.  Fun time.  Pretty area.  Thanks to all who posted them!

Here is the event:  http://coord.info/GC4XPAF

KX and I had the same idea at the same time, apparently.  Very similar shots.   I have a new screensaver, too, for work.  That way when work sucks I can let it take me to my happy place....

3ccf16a1-2f83-4f4b-ace5-824f1557a4b9.jpg

I took the same shot bu had water spots on my lens. :-( Glad you guys captured it!

Posted · Report post

As usual, it was an adventure, and the second funnest yak event of the year !

One of these days we're gonna knock out Mud Lake, dammit ;)

Many Many Thx for puttin' em out, and keepin' em up Kevin.