Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ET Highway

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Had anyone here done this power trail? I have a weeks

vacation n I am going either march or may. Will go by myself

if I have to. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated;)

Posted · Report post

Check out the website.  That will help a bit and see if there are any events planned.  Do it with a group since it will be easier.  You can probably team up with someone by posting on the site etc. 

Posted · Report post

Had anyone here done this power trail? I have a weeks

vacation n I am going either march or may. Will go by myself

if I have to. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated;)

If you want some closer power trails that you can do in bite size chunks, there's the Lone Star Trail series north of Dallas (~250 caches), the TOGA Trail series near Wichita Falls (219 caches), and the Oklahoma Land Run north of Oklahoma City, which runs east to west across the entire state (~540 caches). In case you want options closer to home....

amberita13 likes this

Posted · Report post

@TexasWriter....those are also on my bucket list :) Might use my second week of

vacation and do all three this next summer!

Posted · Report post

MD -  I have done 1501 - 2150 ... so would love to do the first 1500 with you.  And since there this challenge cache near me of doing 1,000 caches in a day, I would like to do a 1K in a day.

March would work for me

Posted · Report post

MD -  I have done 1501 - 2150 ... so would love to do the first 1500 with you.  And since there this challenge cache near me of doing 1,000 caches in a day, I would like to do a 1K in a day.

March would work for me

Is it bugging you that much?

Posted · Report post

I know that cache. Maybe we could figure out how to log

it and bug Brent at the same time :) the devil made me say that:)

Posted · Report post

I'll probably never meet that challenge (and have no real desire to), but I think I may hide a challenge cache in Log Dawgs back yard that requires someone to find 1009 caches in a day.  >:D

Ignore.........

Posted · Report post

I'll probably never meet that challenge (and have no real desire to), but I think I may hide a challenge cache in Log Dawgs back yard that requires someone to find 1009 caches in a day.  >:D

And you can only look for it after midnight :)

Posted · Report post

Ignore.........

I would've thought you'd say something machismo....like, "Well then, I'd just go back and do 1,010 on the ET Highway and come back to FTF the new challenge cache." O0

Posted · Report post

March would work for me

Is it bugging you that much?

No  :teasing:

Posted · Report post

He could ONLY find 1000 in a day on the ET? Will try and break that just to beat log dawgs record >:D

Posted · Report post

Is there a bookmark list of all the et caches or do I have to

download each cache? The lists I've seen are partial lists.

Posted · Report post

Is there a bookmark list of all the et caches or do I have to

download each cache? The lists I've seen are partial lists.

You could do a "Caches Along a Route" PQ.  Probably need more than one PQ due to the quantity of caches, but that would certainly be a relatively easy way to get them.

Posted · Report post

He could ONLY find 1000 in a day on the ET? Will try and break that just to beat log dawgs record

FYI That was done by the crew who went out after I placed that cache just to rub it in our faces. 

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't mind teaming up to do the ET.  I have a caching buddy who would probably want to come along as well.  Been wanting to get back out there to do the new ET and finish the Route 66 series in California.

Posted · Report post

Right now I am planning on the first or second week of March...whichever my job okays. Will post here when I know for sure. I will have enough time to do the whole series.

Been told there are 2500? Not sure about that number. If i have the time and money I would definitely join you for the Route 66 series!

Posted · Report post

He could ONLY find 1000 in a day on the ET? Will try and break that just to beat log dawgs record

FYI That was done by the crew who went out after I placed that cache just to rub it in our faces. 

Hey I was almost strangled to death trying to reach the goal of 1000, but we did it.  And yes, we did it because we wanted to *Rub it in Log Dawg's face*!!  :2funny:  O0

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just go place PQs at the start, Rachel, and Tonopah.  Maybe a few others.  That way when you zip through them all, you can do any of the numerous offshoots.

Edited by cachestacker