Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Posting a DNF vs. Note when you don't get to GZ

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I mark territory when I can't find a cache.  Just sayin'...

We will now know where not to look.

Posted · Report post

Oh, shoot.  Yes, I mark them all.  :angel:

Note to self:

1.  Wear rubber gloves and rubber boots when hunting for any cache that BB has attempted (or hidden)....

2.  Scrub down with hand sanitizer afterwards.

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

And to think all of the paper cups / bottles I have turned over look for caches contained rain water.

Posted · Report post

Larry to Bert, actual conversation:  "Hey, rule number one.  Find the cache first, okay?"

Posted · Report post

Larry to Bert, actual conversation:  "Hey, rule number one.  Find the cache first, okay?"

Good Rule!

Posted · Report post

How about when you get to GZ and the soda tube is covered with a fresh frosting of pelican poo. That's what was waiting for me in the middle of Mud Lake yesterday. The pelicans and cormorants saw me coming and did what birds do. That worked out well. Only 1 log mention of it being nasty. A cache named Guano Pole would not see a many visitors. A difficulty rating of 4 or 4.5 would at least help with the grid. Just checked the attributes, it does mention scenic views, but doesn't require special tools, like dispoable gloves. I've changed plenty of diapers but never on a pelican.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4D8Q2_55-s-claps-clear-lake-area-paddle-series

Posted (edited) · Report post

You got a whole lake of water right there.... And I checked.  No bird poo attribute.  :(

To me, the question is - did you FIND the cache?  If you did, but didn't SL, then you don't claim a smiley.  But it's not really a DNF - after all, you found it. 

But that's just me.

Edited by cachestacker