Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

airport

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

K guys. Im miving back home on Saturday. My question. I have a 2.5 hour layover in vegas. I need the state of Nevada. Anyone ever got out of the airport and back in on a layover? Think this will work?

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

There's an easy virtual in the cell phone lot if you circle the airport (hopeful and broken hearted).  If you go to the Welcome to Vegas sign you can get a virtual and traditional at same spot.  There are some even closer.  If you grab a cab you should be able to get NV on the map one way or another with that layover if you get in on time.

Came back on a Sunday night (as did nearly every tourist there).  Completely full 7:10 plane back to Houston. Since all seats full the plane actually departed about 10 minutes early!  Security had a LONG line, but it went very fast.  I was surprised how quick we moved through security, which you'll have to pass through after leaving.

Posted · Report post

There is also a quick cache next to the rental car return.

Posted · Report post

This site is sometimes helpful for identifying airport caches.  The only problem is that although it will do a query for nearby caches, it may be hard to determine if they are easily accessible for a traveler.

Posted · Report post

In line for a taxi. 1 hour 50 minutes till my connection flight. Going to the welcome to vegas sign. Wish me luck!

Posted · Report post

2 virtuals and a regular cache! Back at the airport going through security one hour till flight. Got it knocked out

amberita13 and KeyResults like this

Posted · Report post

Did the cab driver say anything about your strange request, or did it not even budge his "weirdness" meter?

A Vegas cab driver must see some stuff. Welcome back, Jason!

Posted · Report post

Haha. I had to explain it to him. Especially when I got him to stop in the middle of the strip so I could take a rolling picture of myself for a virtual

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

Haha. I had to explain it to him. Especially when I got him to stop in the middle of the strip so I could take a rolling picture of myself for a virtual

That's awesome. Just the kind of thing a cacher would do. Lol

Posted · Report post

Tell him that you are in a race.

An Amazing one at that!

My favorite muggle question back when I explain is "Are you winning?"

green-eyed likes this